Nevada-Las Vegas

Today has been a MONTH!

I can't believe today has been a month since we got married! I feel like we just got married last week LOL  Time really flies. We received our marriage certificate last week in the mail. Arrived pretty quick from when I ordered it online (got it in 5 days) and I was so so excited to see that official document LOL A word of caution for California brides not sure about other states, but make sure you go to Social Security FIRST then the DMV. The DMV will not change your name without a print out from Social Security! Just a little tip in case you didn't know :)

Re: Today has been a MONTH!

• Woohoo! Happy one month-aversary :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Happy one month!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • Happy one month!
    OMG YOU ARE PREGNANT?!! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!!! So so happy for you!
  • Happy one month!
    OMG YOU ARE PREGNANT?!! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!!! So so happy for you!
    Thanks!! We're so excited! =)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • Congrats!! Time does fly by! I hope all is well so far! I'm loving the married life its a great new journey so far, but i kinda miss all the planning and stressing lol. Its funny how we all worry and stress about the big day so much, now i look back and i'm so glad i made all the decisions i did. What, you didn't receive your Marriage Certificate on the same day?? We got our's the same day, i just haven't had time to change my name yet but I'm going to social security office next week and then dmv right after, then i'm 100% locked in lol.  Have you adjusted to calling him your husband yet? I'm still working on it but its catching on quicker then i thought =)  ....So, have you received all your pictures yet? I'm still waiting anxiously!! its driving me crazy cus my family didn't get the best shots so i feel so unsatisfied!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mbenoit03 said:
    Congrats!! Time does fly by! I hope all is well so far! I'm loving the married life its a great new journey so far, but i kinda miss all the planning and stressing lol. Its funny how we all worry and stress about the big day so much, now i look back and i'm so glad i made all the decisions i did. What, you didn't receive your Marriage Certificate on the same day?? We got our's the same day, i just haven't had time to change my name yet but I'm going to social security office next week and then dmv right after, then i'm 100% locked in lol.  Have you adjusted to calling him your husband yet? I'm still working on it but its catching on quicker then i thought =)  ....So, have you received all your pictures yet? I'm still waiting anxiously!! its driving me crazy cus my family didn't get the best shots so i feel so unsatisfied!
    Are you sure you received yours the same day? The one we received same day is only the 'souvenir' one that the chapel gives to you. You need to order the real one from the recorders office which that certificate has the official stamp and seal on and is legit.
    I really miss all the planning and stressing too! We got back and I was like what am I gonna do now?! LOL I'm still adjusting to calling him my husband though! We were shopping this one day and the girl told me 'are you ready'? And I told her, 'oh not yet I'm waiting for my Fiance'! LOL I caught myself at that moment and said OMG he's my husband!! LOL We did get all of our pictures and now I'm stressing over which ones I want enlarged, which ones in what size yada yada. I just put an order in with Shutterfly yesterday for their 8x8 hardcover photobook I made with all the professional pictures so I can't wait to see how that turns out!

• fablove said:
    mbenoit03 said:
    Congrats!! Time does fly by! I hope all is well so far! I'm loving the married life its a great new journey so far, but i kinda miss all the planning and stressing lol. Its funny how we all worry and stress about the big day so much, now i look back and i'm so glad i made all the decisions i did. What, you didn't receive your Marriage Certificate on the same day?? We got our's the same day, i just haven't had time to change my name yet but I'm going to social security office next week and then dmv right after, then i'm 100% locked in lol.  Have you adjusted to calling him your husband yet? I'm still working on it but its catching on quicker then i thought =)  ....So, have you received all your pictures yet? I'm still waiting anxiously!! its driving me crazy cus my family didn't get the best shots so i feel so unsatisfied!
    Are you sure you received yours the same day? The one we received same day is only the 'souvenir' one that the chapel gives to you. You need to order the real one from the recorders office which that certificate has the official stamp and seal on and is legit.
    I really miss all the planning and stressing too! We got back and I was like what am I gonna do now?! LOL I'm still adjusting to calling him my husband though! We were shopping this one day and the girl told me 'are you ready'? And I told her, 'oh not yet I'm waiting for my Fiance'! LOL I caught myself at that moment and said OMG he's my husband!! LOL We did get all of our pictures and now I'm stressing over which ones I want enlarged, which ones in what size yada yada. I just put an order in with Shutterfly yesterday for their 8x8 hardcover photobook I made with all the professional pictures so I can't wait to see how that turns out!

Oh and please share when you get your pics!! I would love to see :)
  • What!! really?? i think your right, ours is the one from the Chapel lol.  maybe i'm naturally blonde lol. so i have to order it online? You saved my life! i was going to leave work early next week (unpaid) and just show up to the social security office with the souvenir certificate lol. thank you so much for telling me!! im going to order it right now, so it will take a couple wks to arrive? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • and once i get the pics i will def. share. you should just get all yours blown up im sure they are all lovely =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mbenoit03 said:
    What!! really?? i think your right, ours is the one from the Chapel lol.  maybe i'm naturally blonde lol. so i have to order it online? You saved my life! i was going to leave work early next week (unpaid) and just show up to the social security office with the souvenir certificate lol. thank you so much for telling me!! im going to order it right now, so it will take a couple wks to arrive? 
    LOL I'm glad I saved your life, time and money you would have wasted going to social security and being rejected with the souvenir certificate! I'm surprised the chapel didn't tell you that it was just a keepsake. Our officiant even told us once he handed us the keepsake one that it isn't the legit one. That we would need to wait 2 weeks before ordering it online. We got married on the 26th and he filed it with the recorder on the 30th.  The website says it takes 7-10 business days to receive but we got ours in 5 days which surprised me because I figured it would take the 10 days to arrive.
  • fablove said:
    mbenoit03 said:
    What!! really?? i think your right, ours is the one from the Chapel lol.  maybe i'm naturally blonde lol. so i have to order it online? You saved my life! i was going to leave work early next week (unpaid) and just show up to the social security office with the souvenir certificate lol. thank you so much for telling me!! im going to order it right now, so it will take a couple wks to arrive? 
    LOL I'm glad I saved your life, time and money you would have wasted going to social security and being rejected with the souvenir certificate! I'm surprised the chapel didn't tell you that it was just a keepsake. Our officiant even told us once he handed us the keepsake one that it isn't the legit one. That we would need to wait 2 weeks before ordering it online. We got married on the 26th and he filed it with the recorder on the 30th.  The website says it takes 7-10 business days to receive but we got ours in 5 days which surprised me because I figured it would take the 10 days to arrive.
    Here is the link to the website to order online from. It is $15.00.
    https://recorder.co.clark.nv.us/RecorderEcommerce/

• thank you so so much!! you know they prob told me but i showed up to the alter 5 min before the ceremony so i prob wasn't paying attention to it everything; lol. how many did you order? i think i will order 2 just in case. the SSA and DMV will not keep this correct? its just proof that we are married correct? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mbenoit03 said:
    thank you so so much!! you know they prob told me but i showed up to the alter 5 min before the ceremony so i prob wasn't paying attention to it everything; lol. how many did you order? i think i will order 2 just in case. the SSA and DMV will not keep this correct? its just proof that we are married correct? 
    I just ordered one because if you lose it, you could always order another but doesn't hurt to have backup. No, neither place keeps it they just need to see it for proof :) Yeah see that's why they should tell you those things about the certificate AFTER the ceremony because your usually not in the right frame of mind before it takes place! lol
  • Wow Fablove! That went by fast. Congrats. Hey pre now post Dempsey! Congrats on the baby. I'm sure you guys are super excited. So now you have another thing to plan for. So fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards