July 2013 Weddings
Options

Bridesmaids Dresses?

So, when I originally asked my bridesmaids (there are 2) to be in the wedding, I told them to wear whatever silver or pewter colored short dress they wanted. (I would prefer for them to both be the same color, but I didn't really care if they were light or dark.) We looked at several different websites to narrow down dresses. My MOH has a larger tattoo on her back, and she wanted a dress that would cover it up (her decision). Based on those parameters, they suggested a Target bridesmaid dress. I had read some questionable reviews, but figured we'd see what they would look like when they came in.

Well, due to finances, both of the girls postponed ordering their dresses. The first one came in today, and she wasn't happy with it. She texted me a picture, and it does look like it's not cut right in the bust area. She said the fabric wasn't great either, but I couldn't tell from the picture. We now have an emergency shopping trip tomorrow to see if we can find anything off the rack. (Seriously, I thought silver would be an easy color to find off the rack, but so far we've had no luck!!)

The girls both liked the price of the Target dress, which was around $80. We'll see what we're able to find tomorrow, but I thought I'd check and see if anyone had any other last minute dress suggestions? The wedding is a month from yesterday, so we do need to find something quickly.

Also, a side note - I was comfortable with them not being in the same dress, but they prefered to match.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaids Dresses?

• Options
    drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

I have no idea if this helps, or if given the short time frame it's a moot point, but my BMs' dresses were $99 from David's Bridal. They have great sales on BM dresses and there were several styles available at that price point.

Not sure if you can buy off the rack or do rushed shipping though :(

• Options
    drg424drg424 member

Also, I *think* you can speak freely in our July forum and not get trolled on by the other ladies for "demanding" the BMs cover up tattoos or wear the same dress :) That's what the other boards are for.

Mine are all in matching dresses and shoes and they were fine with that and paid for their own stuff - and the world didn't end and I didn't go to hell.

• Options
    I got mine from David's Bridal too. Same dress but I don't care what type of shoes they wear. It was 110. Is there a way to take the dresses they have to a tailor and have them cut or add on to it
  • Options
    David's Bridal sounds like your best bet. My friend went in there the other day and bought a dress off the rack, so I think that's fairly common there. And if you have multiple location in your city you could have them check other stores for in stock sizing.
    You could check Ann Taylor bridal, but there dresses are usually $150ish - but I think they have 30% off right now. Or I saw the Loft has 50% today.

Silver dresses are hard to come by in my city. Dresses aren't even in mass availability - I typically drive to another big city to hit Dillards for dresses.

GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Hmm... I actually was digging around yesterday for coral dresses for my sister (all BMs in coral shades, different dresses). I'd suggest first looking online and then calling stores to see what they have in stock.

Would this be too low cut in the back?
    http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/onyx-dress-cap-sleeve-sequined-lace?ID=832905&CategoryID=5449&LinkType=#fn=COLOR=Silver&sp=1&spc=12&ruleId=65&slotId=2

Also, what kind of fabric are you looking for? I told my girls to stay away from the satins just because it's outdoors and will be so hot and heavy.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I also found one possibility online at Macy's and another at Nordstrom's. We are meeting this morning at 10:00 am at Davids Bridal to see what they have off the rack.

If we can't find anything else, I suppose we could see what could be done with the Target dresses - I just hate to have them spend money on a dress they're not crazy about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    krispi921krispi921 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2013

David's Bridal sounds like your best bet. My friend went in there the other day and bought a dress off the rack, so I think that's fairly common there. And if you have multiple location in your city you could have them check other stores for in stock sizing.
    You could check Ann Taylor bridal, but there dresses are usually $150ish - but I think they have 30% off right now. Or I saw the Loft has 50% today.

Silver dresses are hard to come by in my city. Dresses aren't even in mass availability - I typically drive to another big city to hit Dillards for dresses.

GL!
    We checked Dillards out the same night we got my dress. I was shocked at the lack of silver dresses. Gold seems to be the in color this season.

I do know David's sells some dresses off the rack. I am hoping they will have one we like!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Also, some of my maids ordered their DB dresses online, and they only took a week to come in!  It might be risky, but if they find something in store that's not the right color or size, they should be able to order it with enough time!  But hopefully you can find something off the rack!
  • Options
    Well, we had good luck at David's! We were able to find this dress off the rack in Mercury in sizes that should work for both girls. Luckily, we solved it at our first stop. (Then I spent the rest of the day shopping for other wedding stuff...)

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_One-Shoulder-Stretch-Satin-Short-Dress-85106_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-All-Bridesmaid-Dresses

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    krispi921krispi921 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2013
    drg424 said:

Also, I *think* you can speak freely in our July forum and not get trolled on by the other ladies for "demanding" the BMs cover up tattoos or wear the same dress :) That's what the other boards are for.

Mine are all in matching dresses and shoes and they were fine with that and paid for their own stuff - and the world didn't end and I didn't go to hell.

Yes, these boards tend to be friendlier. :)

The dress we found doesn't quite cover all of the tattoo. I'd previously suggested a shrug or shawl for the ceremony, but she didn't want to do that. David's sells a tattoo cover kit that she might get.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    drg424drg424 member

So, I actually just went this weekend to find a tattoo cover solution. I have two small dumb tattoos on my back that I definitely want covered (I was seventeen when I got them - can't stand them).

Anyways, I went to Ulta to find Dermablend, which seems to have the most consistently positive reviews online (and I've researched a lot), but when the woman put it on, it looked awful. It didnt' cover them and we would have needed to mix several colors to get the right shade.

Instead she used this almost air brush/aerosol foundation called boudior-something and it totally worked. And I only had to buy one product. The downside is that it was $50.

Just a tip if anyone needed it :)

• Options
    MrsH86MrsH86 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    My sister got one in the same color for my wedding off the rack at a random bridal store! I would call around to all the ones in your area, ask them if they have the colors/sizes you are needing! Happy Planning! :)
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards