Nevada-Las Vegas

Reviews! 6/22/2013 wedding Part 1

We spent a glorious week in Vegas for our wedding (6/19-6/26).  The wedding was on Saturday, June 22 with 35 of our friends and family from Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.  I want to first thank everyone on this board for all the help over the last 13 months of planning. Everything was more amazing that I could have imagined.

To start off, our wedding was during EDC weekend.  This was NOT on purpose.  We picked our date about a year ago, so there was no changing it when we found out it was EDC.  EDC did make the price of rooms go up quite a bit.  There were also a ton of people in town.  However, none of this ruined any of our plans, so it wasn't a big deal.  There were plenty of taxis in town, but traffic was a little crazy in the evenings.  

I have reviews for quite a few places, so I will break it up into 2 or 3 parts.  The first part is travel/hotel/restaurant related.  Let me know if you have any questions!

Southwest Airlines: A
Everything was totally fine with Southwest.  We had a direct flight, so no layover issues.  Our flight home was delayed about an hour on Wednesday (and about an hour for our guests on Monday as well), but this was because of weather issues on the east coast.  Nothing they could do about storms.  We did get a free drink on the way home when they found out we had just gotten married, so that was nice.  We fly Southwest all the time, so it was pretty much what we expected.

Treasure Island: B
We stayed at TI on Wednesday, Thursday, and my FI stayed there on Friday night.  We wanted to stay separate on Friday.  Six of our guests also stayed there.  I have stayed there twice in the past.  There is nothing wrong with TI, necessarily.  It is fine.  It just isn't anything special.  It was totally sold out for the weekend since it was EDC, so it was PACKED with people.  They were nice and upgraded my brother and sister-in-law to a suite.  However, they also "lost" the luggage of our best man and his wife on their check out day.  It was only for a little bit of time since someone had put it in the wrong pile, but it did cause some confusion and annoyance.  I assume this was due to the volume of people checking in and checking out on Sunday.

Caesars Palace: A+
I checked into Caesars on Friday, and that is where we stayed for the remainder of our trip.  Two nights were included in our package, and we stayed 3 additional nights.  We had a room in the Palace Tower overlooking the pool complex at Caesars.  We could also see a small portion of the Bellagio fountain.  Check in was super easy, which was nice since we were hungover from our bachelor/bachelorette parties the night before.  FYI: All Total Rewards properties now charge for early check in.  We had to pay $25 to check in before 4 p.m.  It was worth it to us, though.  The room was a great size, and it was beautiful!  It had two bathroom areas, which was nice for getting ready on Saturday morning.  My husband loved the 2 headed shower.  The jetted tub was also nice.  My maid of honor also liked the Caesars robes in the room.  She wore one all morning while getting ready.  I thought for sure she was going to try to steal it without me knowing!  Everyone we dealt with at Caesars was awesome.  The service was great.  I am forever spoiled now when it comes to Vegas hotels!  The pools are amazing there!

Some of the restaurants we ate at.  Just a quick rundown.  If you want more info, let me know!

Cypress Street Market (Caesars Palace): B - This is the food court area at Caesars.  There are like 5 or 6 different options there.  Everything is overpriced, but so is most stuff in Vegas.  The food was pretty good, though.  Good for a quick bite.  We ate here a couple times when we wanted something quick.
Triple George Grill (downtown): A - The husband and I came here with a few members of his family that were in town already on Wednesday when we got there.  A couple of them are locals, too.  The food was super yummy.  The bruschetta appetizer was so delicious.  FI and I both had filet mignon that was quite good.  Great place for a nice dinner downtown.  It is only a block or two from Fremont Street.  My only issue was that it was freezing in the restaurant!
Hussong's Cantina: A for food, C for service.  I'll talk more about that in my bachelorette party reviews.
Serendipity 3: A - I really enjoy this place.  Food is good and affordable.  I ate here with 2 of my friends on Friday night, and then again with my husband before we left on Wednesday.  Always have to get the frozen hot chocolate!
KGB Burger at Harrah's: B - Food is good. Nothing special, but the burgers are decent.
Ri Ra (Mandalay Bay): B - We took our parents (and husband's brother) out to dinner on Sunday night to thank them for all their help with the wedding.  The food was pretty good.  Most people got the prime rib, but I got the shepard's pie.  I think the shepard's pie at Three Fine Irishmen is better.  But overall, it was a nice experience.
Central (Caesars Palace): B+ - We came here for lunch.  Food is pretty good.  Husband enjoyed the fried chicken.
Senor Frogs: B - The drinks are great, the food is pretty good.  It is kind of pricey.  My nachos were $18.50.  They were good, and huge.  My husband also came here for his bachelor party dinner.  It was his backup plan dinner because Lagasse Stadium had a pretty hefty minimum since it was game 7 of the NBA Finals that night, but he enjoyed it.  Definitely a party atmosphere.  
Wicked Spoon: B+ - It was my first time at this buffet.  It is kind of a trek through Cosmo to get to it, but that's ok.  The food was great, but I still like Bacchanal better.  But that's just my opinion.

Next up: Wedding day reviews!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reviews! 6/22/2013 wedding Part 1

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards