California-San Diego
Options

Eloping in San Diego August 2013

Hello San Diego'ers!

My fiance and I are planning on eloping in his hometown, San Diego, and I have no idea where to begin!  Any advice of a good venue choice?  It is just going to be the two of us and possibly one family member taking pictures.  I'd like to be near the beach but I'm not really familiar with good places to have a small ceremony.

Anyone know of a good, and affordable, officiant?  Hopefully some of you out there can give me a nudge in the right direction! Thanks!

Julian

Re: Eloping in San Diego August 2013

• Options
    Coronado beach is great, you may need to get a permit, not sure.  but taking pictures in front of the hotel Del Coronado. I'm not sure about an officiant, we are using my Fiance's co-worker.
  • Options
    Coronado is a great suggestion. La Jolla or Sunset Cliffs in Ocean Beach would also be really nice. A family friend is officiating for us, so I can't suggest any officiants. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You should for sure check into Coronado. Beautiful! :)
  • Options
    We had a change of plans regarding the officiant and are now having FI's dad officiate as a "deputy marriage commissioner for a day". The County of San Diego will basically deputize a family member or friend (or whoever you choose) to marry you. You could look into that. Also, check craigslist. I have seen a few postings for officiants whose prices were pretty cheap, around $150 or so - but I don't know what they are like. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My officiant, Rev. Christopher Tuttle, has an entire website dedicated just to elopements: www.elopetosandiego.com and it looks like he's got all kinds of ideas and ways to help. He's been wonderful so far!
  • Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I second Christopher Tuttle. He does a fabulous job and is very knowledgeable about locations.
  • Options
    kay136kay136 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I'm using Rev Tuttle too. he has been amazing so far! He's hard to book so you should contact him asap if you think ou want to use him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kay, I was thinking of contacting him during our initial stages of planning, and then I realized that you booked him. :) Hehe. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards