Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

hair or make up frst?!

ok girlies im getting married at 5 so figure i would need to be ready by 3 to start pictures and all last minute stuff?

i was thinking of getting my hair done at 1130 ish but my stylist has another appointment from 12 to 1230 and I wont go to anybody else

so what are ya'll suggestions should I do my make up first since I cant get in for my hair later or just get my hair done ealier then what I planned?

Re: hair or make up frst?!

• I've always done hair first and then make up.  I have a 6 pm wedding; need to be ready by 4pm.  I'm doing hair at 11:30 and make up after around 1 (hair and make up coming to us);  this way I do not have rush around and can always touch it up if needed.  

Anniversary
  • ok girlies im getting married at 5 so figure i would need to be ready by 3 to start pictures and all last minute stuff?

i was thinking of getting my hair done at 1130 ish but my stylist has another appointment from 12 to 1230 and I wont go to anybody else

so what are ya'll suggestions should I do my make up first since I cant get in for my hair later or just get my hair done ealier then what I planned?
    Can you get your hair done earlier?  Our ceremony was at 6pm, but I had my hair done at 8am.  It held all day.  I would go earlier and get it out of the way, then have a bite for lunch, then get your makeup done.
  • I'm doing hair first, then make up.  If your stylist isn't coming to you, I'd also suggest an earlier appointment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am actually a certified makeup artist (I mostly do makeup on location though), but brides almost always do their makeup last! I strongly recommend it. The longer you can wait to put on makeup the better. I even do all bridesmaids first and THEN the bride. Hope this helps!! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • Do hair first then makeup later. Getting your hair done early in the morning wouldn't be a bad idea either, because then it won't have to be rushed later.
  • I think its better if you get your hair done first. Definitely consider making an earlier appointment. Hope it all works out for you.
  • I did hair, then make up.

Anniversary
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    always hair first.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I will be doing hair first, then makeup. 
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • I had my hair set, then got my makeup done, and then my stylist finished my hair. 

• You don't want to feel rushed. I would try and get an earlier appointment. With all the blow drying and hot irons your face gets sweaty. I would not want to seat off my make up. I am sure one of your girlfriends can help fix you hair and makeup if anything  needs to be touched up. During the day of your you prob wont be doing a lot of crazy activity so your hair and make should stay.
  • I put my own makeup on WHILST getting my hair done! :)

Multi-tasking like a boss...

• I did my own makeup first, before my hair stylist arrived. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • id do my hair first, especially if I was wearing a wig, then my makeup. lipcolor on last
  • Hair first them makeup. FWIW I got married at 6 pm and was in the hair salon buy 8:30am and in the make up chair at 11.  Both stayed perfect until 3 am the next morning when I took my hair out and makeup off. No doubt it would have looked perfect the next day had I left it on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had a MUA and hair stylist come to our bridal suite for the BMs and me. I ended up getting my make-up done before my hair. It just worked out that way schedule-wise. The make-up and hairstyle kept all night. If you are hiring people specialized in wedding make-up and hair, it really shouldn't matter what comes first. 
  • I am a hairstylist/makeup artist, I alway do my clients hair first just because usually the hair takes longer and that way i'm not having to worry about hair getting in the makeup, now however if the bride has bangs that are going to be across the face then I will do the makeup first otherwise I could mess up the hair by pinning it back to do the makeup.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards