Colorado-Denver

WASHINGTON PARK BOATHOUSE

Hey Guys! So, I'm getting married at the Washington Park Boathouse, we decided to use it for the reception and ceremony site. But, I'm wracking my brain with ideas of how to decorate it! Any ideas? Our wedding is July 13, 2013, so it's really close. HELP!!!

Re: WASHINGTON PARK BOATHOUSE

• rhcp47rhcp47 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    *Bump* I'm also interested in hearing thoughts since I'm looking at the location for a 2014 wedding.
  • Hey Ana and Kris. Wish we had some more ideas to offer. We are actually looking to have our wedding at the boathouse next summer. We've seen some people making pretty neat pom poms out of tissue paper and hanging them from the ceiling. We are thinking of asking my mom to take pictures (she's an avid amateur photographer) that match our colors and some how displaying the, at tables. We've also been able to find tons of wedding decoration ideas on pinterest if you haven't already been "pinning'. I know your date is coming quick and you have probably figured out a lot of your decorations already. Hope this helps. 

p.s. Was it hard to book your date at the boathouse? Do people really camp out overnight to get the date they want? 
  • The Boathouse was my 2nd pick, I envisioned either bistro lights or round Chinese lanterns in the small myself.
  • This is our second pick right now as well. We are planning to use traditional Mexican "papel picado" colorful flags in addition to tissue paper flowers/pom poms as a nod to my family's heritage.
  • I've shot a wedding there before and they did poms (white) (really large) with lanterns hanging all over, it looked so magical.
  • I too am looking at this location for next year so am curious about how difficult it is to book the Boathouse.  Any tips would be appreciated.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards