Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Walking down the aisle...

I am not a fan of the wedding march, any ideas of what I should walk down the aisle to??

Re: Walking down the aisle...

• what type of mood are you going for? is this a traditional ceremony, off-beat, modern? what kind of music do you like?
  • We are off beat. We are getting married at a golf course, my dad's band will be playing at the reception. We are just trying to have a fun chill wedding!

• What about an acoustic version of a rock or pop song you both like? I'm walking down the aisle to Foo Fighters- Everlong (acoustic) for example. If you want something slightly more traditional what about something like Somewhere Over the Rainbow- the one with the ukulele?  Or you could do a theme from a movie you like... i know The Notebook, Forest Gump and Harry Potter have very pretty instumental version... just for some ideas. I would do something you and your fiance really like though. I'm doing everlong because it has sentimental meaning and we both like the foo fighters, something like that will be the best choice for you.
  • I walked to "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel, performed by string trio. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Well, my wedding is kind of an enchanted forest theme. Dark lighting, trees lining the aisle, and lots of candles. So I heard this song again a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with it all over again and just KNEW I had to walk down the aisle to it. I've played it on the piano since I was little, but this was the perfect version. :) You might like it, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMlxYBbNdb4
  • I'm listening to songs down to get ideas for our wedding. I'm listening to Kenny G "The Wedding Song" Over the rainbow is a great song, a friend of mine did that at her wedding.
  • I used "Marry Me" from Train

other songs I considered were:
    acoustic version of "Collide" from Howie Day
    God Blessed The Broken Road-Rascal Flatts
    acoustic version of "We Found Love
    I Can't Help Falling In Love (Fools Rush In) from Ingrid Michaelson

Anniversary
  • My mom is walking me down the aisle so we are playing Mama's Song by Carrie Underwood. We are having the bridal party walk down to Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caliet..that would be a good one for the bride to walk down to!

• edited July 2013

Recently played for processionals:

A Thousand Years (Christina Perri)
    Theme from "UP" (Pixar)
    How It Ends (DeVotchka...from Little Miss Sunshine)
    Marry Me (Train)
    You Raise Me Up or The Prayer
    Hallelujah (Cohen...from Shrek)

In the past, I've heard Falling Slowly, Wonderful Tonight, Can't Help Falling in Love, Disney/Broadway tunes...basically anything goes these days!

• We're using the main theme song from Forrest Gump...it's kind of our movie
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• The Arrival by Roy Todd
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm walking down the aisle to When I look Into Your Eyes by Firehouse (FI and I are really into 80's hair bands lol) and my bridesmaids are walking in to the Boyce Avenue version of Teenage Dream.  Boyce Avenue is great for turning almost any song into an acoustic or slowed down version. If you haven't heard of them, check them out on YouTube for ideas!
  • I'll be walking down the aisle to A Little More by Skillet. Love that song and FI and I both listen to rock/hard rock so it just fits our style.
     Visit The Knot!                                           image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennscott14jennscott14 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2013
    I love all of these ideas! We are walking down the aisle to the acoustic version of God is Able by Hillsong. My soon to be husband loves Foo Fighters so we are thinking about having the acoustic version of that song played after our ceremony. I am sure any music you choose will be beautiful just make it something that is special to you both.

• no clue yet

• I am walking/singing down to Christina Perri's song A Thousand Years
  • I read this somewhere on these boards and stole it, so I apologize I don't remember who to give credit to - but I want to walk down the aisle to the Princess Bride theme.

The only problem is that my fiance says that if I do that, he's going to tell the reverend to start the ceremony with "Wuv, true wuv..." and I fear he would do it!  LOL!!!

• String trio playing Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen
  • I am thinking of Truly, Madly, Deeply by Savage Garden.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am thinking of Truly, Madly, Deeply by Savage Garden.
    I am thinking about that song for a couple's spotlight dance.
  • I like the idea of 'Wildflowers' by Tom Petty, but I also really like that song as a potential father/daughter dance. 

"The Winemaker's Love Song" by Tyler Lyle is also so beautiful. I may walk to that and have the wedding party walk to Wildflowers. I would use this as a first dance song, but I'm a little hesitant as the daughter of a former alcoholic. My mom doesn't care, but I do.

Still have some work to do, obviously.
  • I will be walking down the aisle to Adam Sandler-Grow Old With You from the Wedding Singer. The lyrics are so cute!

• Im walking down the aisle to Rockin Robin. 
    Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

• I'm thinking about using Sara Bareilles' "I Choose You" 

The chorus: 
    Tell the world that we finally got it all right
    I choose you
    I will become yours and you will become mine
    I choose you
    I choose you
  • I'm walking down the aisle to "Cowboy Take Me Away" by the Dixie Chicks-- obviously we are country people.

Marry Me by Train is a perfect a one too
  • I'm walking down the aisle to "Hope" by Yiruma. I knew I wanted something by Yiruma and this stuck out as one of my favorite pieces. My bridal party will be walking in for the first part of it and then I will begin walking in at around 2 minutes (the big build up part). My pianist will be adding a bit more at the end so that I have plenty of time to get down the aisle before the song ends.

• @shonsgirl -- My FI had that reaction when I told him I want to walk out to that (recessional)! "Mawwage...mawwage is what bwings us here today"  We both loved the book and the movie and I made him a Princess Bride-themed card game (if you've played Fluxx, I put my own spin on that), for our anniversary last year, so it's been a big part of our lives!  Now I just need to figure out who could actually play it...
  • I know you said you didn't like the wedding march but what about Trumpet Voluntary?

Not sure if you're having a catholic wedding, in a church, etc. I just know this is allowed in most churches and for Catholic weddings. This was the music Princess Diana walked down the aisle to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have always loved this song and I said I would use this song to walk down the aisle. George Winston - Canon in C.
  • I'm doing the piano version of 1000 years! Love it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaTQ5-XfMM
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards