California-Central

Rustic/barn Venue HELP!

I am very recently engaged and looking to have a August 2014 wedding. We have talked about wanting a barn wedding for years, but I am striking out when it comes to venues. We want somewhere that allows outside catering and alcohol. I have done A LOT of research but am hopeful you ladies will be able to help. I was leaning towards Restoration Oaks but they start at $5,000+ and it is a completely bare venue (no restrooms, tables, chairs, etc.). We are okay with bringing in all of the necessary items if the venue $ is reasonable. I'm open to anywhere from San Diego to Santa Ynez. Thank you in advance for your help!

Re: Rustic/barn Venue HELP!

• Check out Arroyo Hondo. I looked at it before I found my venue. The site fee is $2,000 and it goes to fund after school nature education.  You get access to the venue from Friday noon- to either Sunday noon or Monday noon. Can use all your own vendors. Parking is included.They have porta- potties so might want to rent a nicer portable.  They only do a few weddings a year but are wide open for 2014 last I checked a couple weeks ago. 

http://santabarbaravenues.com/event-locations/arroyo-hondo.
  • Santa Margarita Ranch is really nice and has an awesome historic ranch. http://www.historicsantamargaritaranch.com/Historic_Santa_Margarita_Ranch/Welcome.html
  • Santa Margarita doesn't have any open bookings for 2014 and won't even take the time to talk to you or show you the venue if you're looking that this year.

I did find this amazing barn venue though. It's called Taft Ranch in Atascadero. I will most likely be having my wedding there. It's $6000 but it includes everything and the barn is huge. You can have outside catering and they have a wonderful bbq pit bar, and all these games insdie the bar to keep the guests busy (horseshoes, pool table, foosebal, etc). Very nice!

He only does bookings via word of mouth, no website, but you might be able to find his contact info (Jerry Taft) online. If not I can find it later and post it for you if you're interested
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards