Nevada-Las Vegas

Hello/ Invitation Wording/ Bus opinion

Hello everyone!

I have not really been on here like I normally am since beginning of June.  I started my new job so I took a planning break while transitioning at work and just peeked in from time to time.  I feel like I have missed so much!  Anyways, today is my first day back in the mix and I am motivated and excited.  Today I confirmed with Roland August(regular Roland, not Elvis) to do our ceremony!  I'm excited about that. 

I put the deposit down on our invitations (going through Etsy) today but I am confused on what wording or how I should phrase the reception card.  The plan is that a double-decker (another question on this in a minute) will take guests from ceremony, do strip tour then to Maggiano's.  How should this be on the reception/info card??  I also want something on there to the effect to check our website for updates on accommodations/meet and greet and so on.  This is a lot of info for one little card.  How did you guys do yours or thinking about doing it?

As for the bus, our ceremony is at the Foundation Room at 3:00 pm, I figured it would be over by 3:15pm and then I want to do some pictures there and I know the group will need to have time to get downstairs.  We have the room for an hour but not sure we need that long and I heard the views are amazing from there.  I have Maggiano's set to start at 5pm.  I think the doubledecker is a two-hour minimum so should I move Maggiano's back for cocktails to start at 6pm and then dinner at 7pm and set the strip tour up with DDB from 4-6? Or should I take a little loss of the 2 hours and only do an hour tour?  

Advice please on all.  Sorry its a lot of questions.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hello/ Invitation Wording/ Bus opinion

• Welcome back Sunni and congrats on the new job!

We are doing the same thing ie Ceremony, DDB then Maggianos. On our invitations we will have wording to the effect of

You are invited to the wedding of me & fi, date, time, location, sunset tour and reception to follow. (Ok I know the DDB isnt quite a sunset tour but it sounds nice)

One insert card is going to be titled 'Las Vegas' and will have wording asking guests to visit our wedding website for information on Las Vegas, accommodation and pre-wedding events etc.

and another insert card is going to be titled RSVP and will direct guests to RSVP through our website by 02/28/14 with wording about how we can't wait to celebrate our special day with them etc.

I really havent finalised any wording but I have a layout for the invitations. I want to order mine soon too - we are going with the poker card style pocket invitations.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Welcome back :) you can word it a number of ways. I included my website on the Save The Date. Also, I'm using the RSVP option on my wedding website (my wedding.com) so I am including the website again in the invite along with the RSVP date. So far the my wedding.com RSVP has worked well. I receive an email every time someone replies. I make it on a spreadsheet I have too so in case I loose the info on the site for some reason, I have it notated elsewhere.
    Since guests have been directed to the website to RSVP, I have it noted with the ceremony and reception info page that there will be shuttles (we are using bell trans) available to the reception and the time/place it departs.
    I am also including an invite enclosure which will include something along the lines of "Join us after dinner for a DDB tour of the Las Vegas Strip", and I'll include the location and departure time. The same enclosure is also going to say something like "help us create wedding memories" and information on taking videos/photos using the video app package we are getting.
    Best of luck!
  • I provided the details of my cermony and then put "A double deck bus tour will follow the ceremony"  "Cocktails and dinner at 7pm Central - Caesars palace" "Please RSVP at our website".  At our website I provide full blown details.

My ceremony is at 1pm.  The DDB is picking us at 2:30 we are doing a 3 hour tour with booze and pictures and dinner at 7pm.  It's a long day, but I want to make the most of it.

• mnuppmnupp member
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

I provided the details of my cermony and then put "A double deck bus tour will follow the ceremony"  "Cocktails and dinner at 7pm Central - Caesars palace" "Please RSVP at our website".  At our website I provide full blown details.

My ceremony is at 1pm.  The DDB is picking us at 2:30 we are doing a 3 hour tour with booze and pictures and dinner at 7pm.  It's a long day, but I want to make the most of it.

I think Jenny's got a pretty concise overview that should fit on a small card. Or you could just do a timeline:
    3pm - Ceremony at Mandalay Bay
    4pm - Double Decker Bus tour of Las Vegas (alcohol provided)
    6pm - Dinner at Maggianos, Fashion Show Mall

And yes, I think if Maggianos will let you push back an hour, then using the full two hours on the DDB will be quite fun for your guests. What's the rush? 
  • Thanks for the wording advice everyone and I think your right mnupp, what's the rush!  lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards