Getting in Shape
Options

Body wraps

? Seems to be a lot of talk lately about these body wraps and benefits loosing inches, toxics ect. Anyone have any personal experience using wraps? if so what kind spa? at home ? perfect wrap?? (please note i plan add wraps to my workout routine not a quick fix to weight loss)

Re: Body wraps

• Options
    Don't add that garbage into your workout. It's such a crock of shit and a stupid pyramid scam. Just eat right and workout and you'll lose inches too. And those ones actually stay off for more than ten minutes.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited July 2013

I've seen the itworks wraps and they don't make you sweat, you'll have to pee a lot but that's because you drink a lot of water while you have them on. It is a detoxifying wrap.  I know a dozen or more people who have used them and they all love the products (Woman & Men, ranging in age from 25-62).

ETA:  A co-worker of mine did the wrap's about 4mos ago and is still maintaining the inches lost - I think she buys through a rep and gets a discount.

• Options
    If you are super tempted, buy a neoprene wrap of amazon for 5 bucks. You'll sweat out the water, admire your physique, then drink water. Aaaand you'll look like before.

Detox happens in your organs, not with the help of a neoprene wrap.

• Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2013

I've seen the itworks wraps and they don't make you sweat, you'll have to pee a lot but that's because you drink a lot of water while you have them on. It is a detoxifying wrap.  I know a dozen or more people who have used them and they all love the products (Woman & Men, ranging in age from 25-62).

ETA:  A co-worker of mine did the wrap's about 4mos ago and is still maintaining the inches lost - I think she buys through a rep and gets a discount.

I'm sure the girl I'm FB friends with who sells them to her friends for a profit and won't stop bragging about the 10K bonus she just made from ripping all her sucker friends off would love to hear this. But don't worry, you'll just help her make the car payments on the fancy new truck she bought with her bonus. So I'm sure she'll be friends with you plenty too and tell you everything you want to hear about how magical and life changing they are. And, ya know, money. Shit, I'd like 10K, but not by lying to and ripping off all my friends. To each their own I guess. 

Andplusalso, anything that claims to only work when paired with diet and exercise can't possibly be a miracle worker. If it worked the voodoo magic it claimed to do it would do it without you having to change your life style in the process. "Here! Try my magic voodoo instant skinny wrap! BUT, WAIT! You also have to drink water, eat healthy, and exercise to see magic voodoo results!" Makes no sense. If you just eat right and workout you'll lose inches too. And those things don't cost $99 a pop. Just sayin'. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My FI smeared hemorrhoid cream on his torso and wrapped himself in cling wrap to lose inches. He did this before he went to MEPS to make tape so he could join the military. I'm not endorsing it, obviously, but it worked temporarily. As soon as he started drinking water the next day it all came back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did one a couple times just because 1. my friend sells them (bleh) and 2. since it's not HARMFUL to the body, I figured I shouldn't talk crap before I try it. 

If they are heated, you are losing water weight. The same thing happens when you step into the sauna (but the sauna is probably cheaper)
    If they aren't, they are basically just oil, aloe vera, and vitamin e, and a couple other things. What does it do? It tightens your skin temporarily. (think back to the last time you had a sunburn. Remember how, when you put aloe vera on your skin, it felt really tight? same concept and application) 
    It does temporarily firm skin, so if you have extra skin, it could TEMPORARILY work. 
    If you're relatively in shape, you won't notice much, if any, of a difference. It did make my skin feel soft and smooth (duh... aloe and vitamin e does that), but it was a waste. It's not worth adding to your regiment. You are better off adding a few more cups of water, and a couple more hours of sleep a night than adding this crap. 
  • Options

I might get one gotf a friend who sells

• Options
    i was thinking of trying one for my arms. i know its just temporary but if i use one the morning of the wedding ????good or bad idea? 
  • Options
    coronado, if you DO decide to go that route you need to
    1. Try it before hand as a trial. You don't want to find out that you are allergic to it on the morning of your wedding. That would suuuuuuuck. Always do a  trial. 
    2. I believe you would want to do it the day before. But every wrap is different (kinda) 

Again, I think it's a pointless move  but those are my suggestions should you really want to go that route. 
  • Options
    I hate to hear the feedback on the body wraps from so many people that have not tried them.  :(  I just had a baby in April and the weight has been clinging to me.  Each time I have used an ItWorks body wrap I have lost 1 1/2" and kept it off.  A friend of mine just tried one and lost at least 4" on her 1st one.

These wraps do not make you sweat - in fact, they that would prevent it from working.  Nor do you have to wear plastic over it (this is used just to keep your clothes from getting messy).  But yes, the results do vary from each person.

It is an all natural cream that detoxes you.  You are encouraged to drink as much water as you can while wearing it for 45 minutes, and it continues to work over the course of 3 days.  For the price most people pay for their wedding dresses, I would think $59 for a box of 4 wraps is not very much.  That's only $15 each.  I was so impressed by my own results that I did become a distributor, but I am not giving a shout-out to make a buck.  I genuinely think this product works and if you have not tried it, I don't think it's fair to give negative feedback.  Skeptical feedback is perfectly understandable, but not the negative.  I wish you all the best!  <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards