Nevada-Las Vegas

Show us your bouquet

I just stumbled accross this bouquet and fell in love! Im still not 100% so I thought Id start a thread for us to share bouquets and ideas. I would love to make my own brooch bouquet like some of you clever ladies out there - but I think it will be flowers for me.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Show us your bouquet

• I am still debating about mine. I love the idea of a brooch bouquet but when the chapel said they wanted $75 as an outside fee then plus the cost of materials to make it, I was no better off than a regular bouquet cost-wise. The plus side is that it is a keepsake. Flowers are a low priority in my budget. My bridesmaids are carrying silver mesh clutches that I found. That it would fit my "old Hollywood" vibe. I bought one for myself too. Debating whether to have a small bouquet or embellish the clutch somehow. Always looking at bouquet alternatives. Summertime has great alternatives... Feel more limited with a winter date.

Have you thought about maybe making your own with silk flowers or something and adding a few brooches if you like the look of both?
  • I talked to my coordinator before I made my brooch bouquet and she said that as long as they were not real flowers, there was no charge. It was a lot easier to make than I thought. It cost me about $100 total which would have been the cost for a bouquet upgrade with the venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hoping for something along these lines I think. Just recently changed my mind, and we are going to have Pam at The Palette do our flowers instead of Mandalay Bay. She doesn't forsee any problems with doing that. The price will be roughly the same but, more flexibility with flowers and much nicer, fuller bouquets.

Canadian Bride getting married at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas on October 19th, 2013
  • edited July 2013
    I'm going to take home some fabric for the holiday and work with my mom and sister to try to make flowers like in this bouquet:

I'm neutral on flowers so will probably do as much non-floral as possible (fabric bouquets, candelabra reception centerpieces). But hopefully we can make something as pretty as this!

Here's the WeddingBee post on it:

(hope I'm not breaking some unspoken code by linking to another wedding forum!)

• Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Here's the WeddingBee post on it:

(hope I'm not breaking some unspoken code by linking to another wedding forum!)
    Linking is fine.  Hopefully WB doesn't ban you for posting over here lol.  I attempted to start posting in their Vegas forum a few weeks back, wasted two hours posting answers to questions from days to months old that had gone unanswered and an hour later they had banned me for 'trolling' and deleted all my posts.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• JiimanieJiimanie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    I've already posted this on the 'wedding colours' thread, but seeing this bouquet settled my decision on the colours for my day!

Thankfully my chapel has all three colours in their on-site florist and I can have all three for no extra cost!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Im loving these ladies! Would love to see more. Flowers arent huge on my priority either but I want something pretty. We are having paper pom poms tied to the chairs at the ceremony and feather centrepieces at the reception so the only floral would be my bouquet and FI and DS boutinniere.
    The bouquet I posted above is not even close to my wedding colours but I dont care. I like it... thats what matters. And it would suit my dress.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think I am going to go with the one on the left.  I love the look of the calla lily and succulents!
  • Vegasgroom: I LOVE the bouquet that your wife had. Did she have any bridesmaids? If so, were the flowers the same. Would it be rude to request something similar from the Palette? :)

Our colors are clover green, chocolate brown and ivory. Was just going to do some ivory rose bouquets, maybe add some green hydrangeas. But I really what you had for floral...

Canadian Bride getting married at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas on October 19th, 2013
  • nixymnixym member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I'm going to have a handmade felt bouquet and boutonnieres.  I've not 100% decided what style yet but there are loads on etsy.  Something like the one below but less round!
  • mnuppmnupp member
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Linking is fine.  Hopefully WB doesn't ban you for posting over here lol.  I attempted to start posting in their Vegas forum a few weeks back, wasted two hours posting answers to questions from days to months old that had gone unanswered and an hour later they had banned me for 'trolling' and deleted all my posts.
    HAHAHAHAHA yeah this is the only real Vegas forum that is hopping. The rest are pretty lame. :)
  • How is this?  I was told that Pam couldn't do my flowers that I had to use the Mandalay Bay florist.  Did I miss something?

I have sent this picture off to the coordinator at MB to get a price estimate.  I love that one too though Missmo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you are open to fabric flowers, I've seen neat videos on YouTube and in craft magazines. A past bride used afloral.com and their flowers look nice for fake if you want to incorporate that somehow.
  • sunni96 said:
    How is this?  I was told that Pam couldn't do my flowers that I had to use the Mandalay Bay florist.  Did I miss something?

I have sent this picture off to the coordinator at MB to get a price estimate.  I love that one too though Missmo.
    You have to 'pay' Mandalay but I don't think they really care what you do as long as they made their money off of you; i.e. if you order their flowers, as you're required to do, and then on wedding day show up with your own bouquet, they're not going to make you use theirs.

• Vegasgroom: I LOVE the bouquet that your wife had. Did she have any bridesmaids? If so, were the flowers the same. Would it be rude to request something similar from the Palette? :)

Our colors are clover green, chocolate brown and ivory. Was just going to do some ivory rose bouquets, maybe add some green hydrangeas. But I really what you had for floral...

Yep, four bridesmaids.  Here's what our final order was from Pam:

1 bride bouquet- white/ivory roses, peonies, a couple calla lilies

4 bridesmaid mini bouquets- same flowers as brides but miniature and maybe with some orchids that have a little bit of pink.

3 wrist corsages- white/ivory roses (possibly 2 wrists and 1 pin corsage for Grandma)

1 Groom's boutonniere- white calla lilies

4 groomsmen boutonniere- white calla lilies

1 boutonniere for speaker- calla lilies

2 boutonnieres for the dads- white roses

10-11 centerpieces- white hydrangeas with red roses scattered throughout

I think we also had her make a 'fake' bouquet just to use during the toss so she didn't have to throw the real one since she wanted to keep it lol.  If you do end up wanting to have her make something similar and it helps, the wedding date was 6/11/2011 and the order number from our invoice was 11-0416.

I uploaded some more pics:

http://www.vegasgroom.com/vgblog/wp-content/uploads/DavidJackieWedding-871.jpg
    http://www.vegasgroom.com/vgblog/wp-content/uploads/DavidJackieWedding-734.jpg
    http://www.vegasgroom.com/vgblog/wp-content/uploads/DavidJackieWedding-558.jpg
    http://www.vegasgroom.com/vgblog/wp-content/uploads/DavidJackieWedding-524.jpg
    http://www.vegasgroom.com/vgblog/wp-content/uploads/DavidJackieWedding-391.jpg
    http://www.vegasgroom.com/vgblog/wp-content/uploads/DavidJackieWedding-371.jpg
    http://www.vegasgroom.com/vgblog/wp-content/uploads/DavidJackieWedding-370.jpg
    http://www.vegasgroom.com/vgblog/wp-content/uploads/DavidJackieWedding-367.jpg

• At first I didn't want a bouquet because our wedding was very small, no bridesmaids, small reception at a buffet, etc. And also because the florists in LV I contacted told me there was a minimum expense which I was not going to reach with just one bouquet. Then I found this paper bouquet on Etsy.

I ordered it and got it delivered at our hotel. It was perfect, and it was beautiful in the photos, everybody keeps asking me where is it from, and it came with us on the honeymoon and on the trip back home and it's still intact.
  • So turns out my bouquet is a $175 upgrade! Woahhh Flamingo....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Wow!  That is what I am afraid of with my quote from MB.  I really want Pam from the Palette to do mine but I am afraid to try what VG was saying on the day of because if they told me that I MUST use their bouquet I would get irate.  I am not hugely into flowers but the bouquet will be in a lot of my pics and I don't want this wimpy flower bouquet that comes with my package.  :)  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im negotiating my package with flamingo. I want them to drop back to ala carte and I will pay outside vendor fees for photography, videography, officiant, floral. They will be raking it in for doing close to nothing. Im even considering changing ceremony venues since I have basically got my vendors anyway and ive already got shuttles arranged so we can basically go anywhere.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• EmiliaC01EmiliaC01 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited July 2013
    Missmo, I booked a la carte at Silver Sky @ The Quad. Their coordinators work at Flamingo too I think. I booked a la carte because I knew the types of things I wanted included in my ceremony and there wasn't a package that had everything I wanted unless I got a huge package, but then I would also be paying for things I really didn't want. My top things were web casting (for family and friends who aren't there), ceremony video, and outside photography. I just got the a la carte and then added these items.
    Hopefully you can work out something with them to just shift around the pricing from a package to a la carte with add-ons. I was considering Flamingo before I looked into Silver Sky, and Flamingo is pretty :) if you want a la carte and outside vendors, you may be limited. I know Quad and Flamingo are two that allow it but many places don't allow outside vendors and some do not offer a la carte (packages only).
    missmo14 said:

Im negotiating my package with flamingo. I want them to drop back to ala carte and I will pay outside vendor fees for photography, videography, officiant, floral. They will be raking it in for doing close to nothing. Im even considering changing ceremony venues since I have basically got my vendors anyway and ive already got shuttles arranged so we can basically go anywhere.

• Flamingo have been brilliant. Ive dropped down to their cheapest package works out $10 more than alacarte but I get a bottle of champagne and toasting glasses and a wedding certificate holder. The package includes a little bit of floral (rose presentation and boutonniere) I dont know if they will still give me those because im getting an outside vendor for floral. Im pretty happy about that because I get my flowers in my suite so all the pre wedding pics will look complete

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @Missmo - Yeah I would like to have my flowers in the suite too not handed to me while running into the room.  :).  I emailed Pam from the Palette about my bouquet concerns with Mandalay Bay and asked her thoughts since she has done Vegas weddings for a long time and is pretty familiar with the hotels.  She was so wonderful when we were working on my reception floral that I thought I would ask. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ive decided to go with Pam at the Palette for my floral. She gave me an excellent quote for my bouquet, boutonnieres and a throw bouquet. I love that we will be getting the flowers delivered to our hotel suite and Pam has such excellent reviews :-) happy bride!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Im going with a dark pink rose cascade
  • I got mine from Etsy too!  I LOVED it- my colors were white, grey and orange.  My stepdaughter carried one like min but smaller, the bridal party had orange and grey :).  Can I ask which seller you picked?  Mine were super similar to yours! I used SpringDews.

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • Oh an no fee at The Quad for my 'Alternative Bouquets" :)

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards