Favors

Monogrammed vs. Just going with the theme.

I'm going to get married in the winter, and the whole theme of our wedding is a Winter Wonderland. At first I was thinking a really cute favor would be coffee mugs with little packets of hot cocoa for people to warm up with when they get home/ get to the hotel, or they could always use it at the reception as well if they really wanted. Our wedding colors are white, navy blue, and silver. So at first my plan was just thinking of getting a bunch of cheap white mugs from a Goodwill, and writing on them a W (that will be our initial). But then I was thinking, wouldn't it be weird for all of these people to have a mug with the initial W on it? Sure, for his side of the family they'd probably think it was cute, (since both his mom and dad's side of the family has a W) But my family is G and M, so won't it be weird for them?

What do you think people will appreciate more? A mug with out initial or just some snowflakes to go with the theme and maybe the date or our names written in a discrete location like the bottom of the mug?

Re: Monogrammed vs. Just going with the theme.

• I'm going to get married in the winter, and the whole theme of our wedding is a Winter Wonderland. At first I was thinking a really cute favor would be coffee mugs with little packets of hot cocoa for people to warm up with when they get home/ get to the hotel, or they could always use it at the reception as well if they really wanted. Our wedding colors are white, navy blue, and silver. So at first my plan was just thinking of getting a bunch of cheap white mugs from a Goodwill, and writing on them a W (that will be our initial). But then I was thinking, wouldn't it be weird for all of these people to have a mug with the initial W on it? Sure, for his side of the family they'd probably think it was cute, (since both his mom and dad's side of the family has a W) But my family is G and M, so won't it be weird for them?

What do you think people will appreciate more? A mug with out initial or just some snowflakes to go with the theme and maybe the date or our names written in a discrete location like the bottom of the mug?

you are on the right track when you are thinking it will be weird.  Don't put your initials or wedding date or anything like that on a mug.   Most of those will be left behind and then you'll have 50 mugs with your initial on it.

Honestly, I wouldn't do mugs at all.  I have a full set of dishes that match, I imagine most other people do as well. I wouldn't keep one random white or snowflake mug.   You'd probably find it the next time you went to the goodwill.

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Please don't buy mugs from Goodwill as a favor.

Why not just give each guest two packets of nice hot cocoa. You can attach a cardstock snowflake to them with your names and wedding date if you insist on some sort of personalization. Everyone will already have a mug in their hotel room (what hotels DON'T have coffee pots nowadays...!) or at home to use.

If you buy these below, the favor would only cost about $1 per guest to give each guest two packets! Sounds like a deal to me.

http://www.amazon.com/Land-Lakes-Cocoa-Classics-Premium/dp/B009CYS3EU/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1372883669&sr=8-10&keywords=hot+chocolate

• Ok lol. Maybe I'll skip out in the mugs and just have some hot cocoas and teas. I never really thought about the mugs not matching because our cups don't match because wet have like 9 different partial sets because they always get broken, so we but other sets buy don't throw the other ones away unless they get broken haha, but that's a good point.
  • I would like the mug if it had a snowflake on it, but definitely don't personalize it with your initial. Mugs are the one thing I don't mind having randoms of. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Ok, thank you very much for the advice! Our wedding is still a little ways off, so I have time to consider mug vs. no mug. I don't want to end up with 50 extra snowflake mugs that people just stole the hot chocolate from!
  • You could also get some cone shaped bags and add some hot chocolate or cocoa mix to them..maybe even add some marshmallows too....with a cute tag!
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I would prefer to receive a nice winter-themed mug or just one that goes with your colours without your name on it.  You could put a saying on it about love or warmth or something.
  • You could always put together a mason jar filled w/ all the goodies you'd need for hot chocolate.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a0/c2/8b/a0c28b943acdb12e9ab573dd29f5a09a.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards