Canada-Ontario
Options

Venue: Looking for a needle in a haystack

I've been on a venue search for months and I'm starting to think that my needle in the haystack doesn't even exist.

My criteria:

I need a venue that allows outside catering, as we need to serve ethnic cuisine.

Ideally, we would like to bring our own alcohol, but this isn't a deal breaker.

We don't want a venue that hosts multiple events at the same time.  The idea of sharing a venue with other weddings is seriously unappealing.

We would prefer to not have a typical banquet hall... but it's not a deal breaker.

Venue has to accommodate at least 300 guests with a dance floor.

Of course we want all of this for a great price :)

Anyone have any ideas?  Surely in a massive city like Toronto, this must exist somewhere... right?

Re: Venue: Looking for a needle in a haystack

• Options
    Have you looked at St. Lawrence Hall by the market? http://www.stlawrencemarket.com/st_lawrence_hall I'm not sure if it hosts multiple events at once or not, but my future sister-in-law had her wedding there and was able to bring in her own catering.
  • Options
    It's not in Toronto but we got married at Pavilion Royale (now Grand Metropolitan of Mississauga) and they can assist with some of your requests (not sure if they can do all) and their setup is not a "typical hall" setup. Another venue is Mississauga is called Capital Banquet Hall and you can bring your own catering/alcohol as well.
  • Options
    Banquet halls are going to be the most likely for you with 300 people.

I went to a wedding recently at the Garden Banquet Hall, they brought in their own (Indian) food and paid a cost per head to rent the hall (it's not the cheapest way to go but it lets you bring your own food!)  You would be the only wedding there since they just have the one big banquet hall.

http://www.gardenconvention.com/

• Options

Steamwhistle Brewery might be perfect. Right downtown, interesting space, no in-house food service and they are quite large.

Also, the Fermenting Cellar in the Distillery District might work. Although, not sure if they provide the food or not so that might rule them out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards