Moms and Maids
Options

Handkerchiefs

I was wondering if anyone knows any stores in Maryland or DC that might have wedding handkerchiefs that are not to expensive? I want to get my mom and grandmothers handkerchiefs but I can't seem to find any in stores. They can either say mother of the bridal and grandmother on them or be plain white lace ones.

Re: Handkerchiefs

• Options
    Are you set on getting them from a physical store? There are lots on etsy. I can't recommend a specific vendor but have had good experiences with the site in general. Just make sure the vendor has 100% positive feedback.
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Etsy is a good suggestion.  When you google, you can also specify if you are looking for Irish linen, vintage linen, or lace handkerchiefs.

We have handkerchiefs that are passed from generation to generation.  I was given an unexpected and thoughtful surprise at my daughter's wedding.  The grandmother of the groom gave me a beautiful and delicate lace handkerchief as a memento of the day.  I use it somewhat as a doily underneath a Waterford dish I keep on my dresser.  It is a pretty and subtle reminder of the day.  I personally prefer them to be non embroidered, but you know the tastes of your family best.
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Please re-think the handkerchief idea.  This really isn't a good gift.  Nobody uses them anymore, and they just go in a drawer.
    If you read the link above this ^^, I am somebody.  I use/see mine daily.  It is not in a drawer.  You are entitled to your own opinion, but your typical sweeping, blanket statements get old fast.
  • Options
    I second bumblebeelinens.com - they have a nice selection.  My mom ordered mine from there.  
  • Options
    Please re-think the handkerchief idea.  This really isn't a good gift.  Nobody uses them anymore, and they just go in a drawer.
    Both of my parents do, and would love a gift of handkerchiefs.  In fact, my dad uses ones that were tie-dyed for him by my nephews and loves them.  They aren't a good gift for someone who doesn't use handkerchiefs, but some people in fact do use them and enjoy getting them as gifts.  It's a know-your-audience thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards