Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Advice on the "Father"/Daughter dance

My father came out last year as transgender and is currently transitioning to a woman. I would still like to have the traditional parent dance (maybe with both parents?) but I have no clue how to make it work. Any ideas?

Re: Advice on the "Father"/Daughter dance

• Options
    She said that she's comfortable with whatever I decide. I would like to do it. But I would also like to do it with both parents since the mother of the bride seems to miss out on a lot. They're also both walking me down the aisle
  • Options
    You could start off dancing with one parent, and then have the other parent cut in halfway through.
  • Options
    bakerie said:
    You could start off dancing with one parent, and then have the other parent cut in halfway through.
    To bounce off what Bakerie said - start the dance with your father, to a song that has meaning to your relationship with her, and then have the DJ fade into a song that has meaning towards your relationship with your mother and she can cut in and finish the dance with you.
  • Options
    Great question! I don't live with my father so my brother is doing it in place of him, as he is the ' Man of the House'. However, you could also do a dance with your mother as well. Also, if you don't live with you father - then have either your brother or mother walk you down the isle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards