Georgia-Atlanta

Where to find budget friendly gowns?

I know Davids Bridal and Carries...anything else? I really really don't want to spend over 1000 on a dress. 500-600 would be perfect. I've heard of people buying their dresses online for super cheap from China or Hong Kong but I'm scared to go that route. Are there any other shops in Atl or the surrounding areas that sell or make budget friendly dresses? Thanks!

Re: Where to find budget friendly gowns?

• I bought mine at Bridal Sense in Sandy Springs. They are small but have a good selection of dresses around $1000.00. They list their dresses and prices online. Plus if you buy the sample you can get 15% off. I also thought about buying one off of the following sites preownedweddingdresses.com or bravo bride. Plan was to find one there and go try it on in a store to make sure I liked it, before buying it online.
  • Thanks!! I love that you can view their inventory online! I've already seen a couple I want to try on. :)
  • I would like to throw in a recommendation for Carrie's Bridal Collection (https://www.facebook.com/carriesbridalcollection) in Chamblee. I went there for my first wedding dress shopping trip and I was also looking for a budget dress. Nothing in the store is over $1000 and the dresses are beautiful. It is off the rack, so you can leave with your dress the same day! She has regular and plus sizes. The only thing I will say, is most dresses are ivory or some shade of off white at her store. So if you are looking for a very white dress, this is not the best choice. But, once you make an appointment, you secure the entire store for 1 hour and a half to yourself and your guests. The owner is there to pull dresses and help you. It was the best experience shopping and I found a beautiful dress for $399. She does not do alterations, but gives recommendations to help you out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• That's awesome. I haven't been there yet but was planning in going soon. That's where my friend got her dress as well. Thanks for the recommendation!!
  • I think I bought mine at Bridal Sense as well.  It was a sample and an excellent deal.  
  • you might want to try Formaly Yours in Lilburn.....lots of beautiful dresses at great price.....my duaghter and 2 nieces ll got their here for under 1K!!!!

• Great, thanks!
  • I found my gown at a sample sale at Bel Fiore Bridal in Marietta. The staff were all so kind, and I was able to get a fantastic gown at about 20% of what I would have paid to get it made to order.
  • These are great options! love the post! I def have heard  good things from Bridal Sense. Also check out Wedding Angels of Roswell Rd. I heard great things! They host awesome trunk shows where the designers are present.  
  • Went to Bridal Sense and found a dress I loved!! Will probably be ordering from them if I can't find anything else I like. Thanks again for the suggestions!
  • Carries Bridal Collection in Atlanta
  • I third Carrie's...got mine for $200!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards