Maryland

Annapolis Venues

Anyone have experience with either Loews or The Historic Inns in Annapolis? We are looking for something funky with Annapolis flair and we really enjoy both venues. Just curious.

Thanks!
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"

Re: Annapolis Venues

• We've stayed at the Historic Inns and love the accomodations. We met with their staff during our own venue hunt before realizing that our date was during boat show weekend. I really liked Michelle. She was on top of everything and super easy to talk to. I thought they were really flexible with us wanting a small wedding and dinner on a Sunday, which isn't something I could say about a lot of venues.

I've never been to the Lowes, so I have no clue about how nice it is. I will say that a while back they had a pretty consistent issue with theft from guest rooms. Things like laptops and IPods had a bad habit of just wandering away. :/ So you may want to investigate the Annapolis crime reports before deciding. The hotel has probably fixed the issue since that time, but better safe than sorry.
  • Ahh. Thanks!
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • I have had very mixed experiences with the Historic Inns having stayed there many times and having had that as the official hotel for my guests during my wedding at the Naval Academy.

1) The atrium rooms are HORRIBLE.  They get no outside light and as a bonus, you get to watch someone elses' wedding until 11:00 PM.  There is no noise abatement, so you hear EVERYTHING.  If you enjoy hearing, "and noooooowwwwww, Mr. and Mrs. _______!!!!!" you will like these rooms.  Also, you get the special treat of being kept awake late and awakened early by post-wedding breakdown and cleanup.

2) The crowd that the Inn attracts for weddings is a big range from fine and normal to something out of Jersey Shore central casting.  We were sharing the hotel with the latter for one of the nights of the weekend of our wedding.  It spiced things up and we didn't mind too much, but it did make the place feel sort of tacky.

3) If you are not having your wedding there but are merely reserving a block of rooms, the people you work with are mostly awful.  Pam is both unpleasant and incompetent.  (Victoria, however, is nice and very efficient -- unfortunately, I dealt mostly with Pam).  Working with them was horrible.  And we had trouble  getting enough rooms for our guests, even though they told us they could and would increase the number of rooms we could reserve after a number had filled, they decided that they would not do that.  They also told almost every single one of our guests that they just got the last room in our block (why???).  I had warned my guests about the atrium rooms, and one woman complained about me to one of my guests when she asked for that "I don't know why she told everyone to say that!  It's her event that's in the atrium!" (it wasn't, and beside, how unprofessional). 

4)  The upsdie is that the front desk staff and the rest of the staff are so, so, sweet.  They did everything they could to make us all comfortable and they were extremely helpful.  Same true for the bellhops, housekeepers, valets.  We really couldn't have been more thankful to them for their helpfulness.

You cannot beat the location, so if you can stand the frustration of working with Pam and her band of incompetents, then you should have an enjoyable wedding.  Just keep your guests away from the atrium rooms because there will be a wedding that won't be yours on one of the nights they are there in all likelihood.
  • My fiance and I are getting married at the Annapolis Maritime Museum - it might be something to check out if you want someplace fun with a nautical flair :)

• We had our reception at the Westin in downtown Annapolis and had an amazing experience. I highly recommend it. 
  • The Annapolis Maritime Museum is definitely funky with Annapolis flair!  They are having a Friday night party for engaged couples February 21st 2014:  http://www.eastportphotography.com/engaged-a-party-for-engaged-couples-and-their-friends/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards