Christian Weddings

Happy Monday!!

Hope everyone has a great week.  Any plans for The Fourth?

DH starts his new job today.  He's been home since he resigned from his youth pastor position on March 10th, and we've only been apart for 3-4 hours at a time maybe 10 times, max.  We're so thankful he was able to get this job, but he's been gone for an hour and I already miss him.  DS and I are trying to figure out what our new rhythm is going to be.
Thursday we're driving an hour to meet my family to watch the fireworks near my hometown.  Not sure how DS is going to react...I've hated loud noises since I was a baby.  If he does flip out, though, we'll be right next to a building and able to get him inside.  

Re: Happy Monday!!

• Not yet... I'm kind of considering driving up to DC to watch the fireworks with some friends, but I know it will be a madhouse. And I have to work on Friday. It's only about 2 hours to get there, but I imagine it will be longer with the holiday and everything. So, I'm not sure.

I'm very excited for your DH's new job. I imagine getting adjusted will be a challenge for all 3 of you. Sending prayers your way.
  • No big plans for this week here. My fiance's birthday is today. Last night we went out for dinner, and today I took a birthday cake into the office at his church. The fireworks in our small town are Wednesday evening, so we'll probably go to those. Then Thursday we'll grill out and probably just relax.

I hope your DH has a good first day at his new job!
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    lplions said:
    Not yet... I'm kind of considering driving up to DC to watch the fireworks with some friends, but I know it will be a madhouse. And I have to work on Friday. It's only about 2 hours to get there, but I imagine it will be longer with the holiday and everything. So, I'm not sure.

DH's family used to go into DC every year for the fireworks.  I've always wanted to, but I think I'd have to splurge on a hotel room within easy walking distance so I didn't have to experience the joy of the Metro after they're over.  :-P

DH also called on his lunch break and said the first day is going well.  He's in training until July 19th and said it feels like the first day of school.
  • @amakayeb happy belated birthday to your FH!

@fpaemp2011 hahaha, oh first day of school. I'm so glad I don't have those any more. :)
  • we don't have any definite plans yet for the 4th. It all depends on if DH has to work or not. I will be off and just plan on being lazy. We may go over to a friends house who has a pool or we may just stay home and eat Chinese. We have a weird tradition of getting Chinese food whenever we are home on holidays together and we don't have plans (St Patricks Day, Labor Day, etc).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH and I were at Myrtle Beach all week.  It was fantastic!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards