July 2013 Weddings

Introductions?

13»

Re: Introductions?

• Hi everyone! Just stumbled upon this board.

Name/Screenname/Whatever-we-should-call-you: Tiffany

Occupation/Job/What-you-do-all-day: I am a nurse, and work in the Neuro Intensive Care Unit

Hobbies: Traveling!

Pets (Pics preferred!): two perfect kitties, Jinx and Lexie they are just over a year old.

Favorite Food: MEXICAN! and cheese, and spicy

How you met your FI: We met at an old favorite college bar after we had both graduated. We have been together going on 8 years now!

Anything else you want to share?: SO excited to get married on the Big Island, Hawaii!
  • Hi all! I just decided to check out the community section today, and stumbled upon this. Name: Kady Occupation: Corporate Finance and Accounting Hobbies: Traveling, Baking, Trying to DIY things Pets: Two dogs. Both are about 4 years old. Sophie is a black lab mix, and Georgia is a Vizsla. Both are SPCA rescues. Favorite Food: I am not sure I can pick... Mexican, Sushi, and Steak are all great any time!! How we met: match.com. We emailed back and forth for several weeks before finally meeting. Our second date, we realized I grew up about 5 miles from his family's farm. Anything like else you'd like to share: We are having a small destination wedding in Charleston, SC on July 22 (Yep, it is a Monday!). About 4 weeks after the wedding, we will be having a party with all of our friends and extended family.

• Name/Screenname/Whatever-we-should-call-you: Crystal

Occupation/Job/What-you-do-all-day: Guest service coordinator at european wax center.. just graduated with my bachelors in kinesiology.. figuring out what i want my masters in 

Hobbies: cooking, working out, lifting weights, running, HGTV, food network, shopping

Pets (Pics preferred!): 2 kitties! dont know how to add pics

Favorite Food: roasted veggies, pot roast, mac n cheese, fruits! etc.. 

How you met your FI: We met on our colleges Track and Field team! 

Anything else you want to share?: 

• Name/Screenname/Whatever-we-should-call-you:
    BittsyB, but I respond to just about anything.

Occupation/Job/What-you-do-all-day:
    Right-hand-gal to a lobbyist in D.C.

Hobbies:
    Cooking, XBox, crafting.

Pets (Pics preferred!):
    None, sadly.

Favorite Food: 
    Chicken Pad Thai

How you met your FI:
    At an Irish Bar

Super excited for the wedding! 
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fiance and I have finally settled on a date of July 27! We got engaged on Valentine's Day and have been on a whirlwind tour of venues trying to nail down the where and when.

Name/Screenname/Whatever-we-should-call-you:
    Kristi / Krispi

IT Training (Teaching people how to use software). I also just started grad school in January.

Hobbies:
    I like to bake (but won't be making a wedding cake!)

Pets (Pics preferred!):
    I have a 12 year old black and tan coonhound mix named Hunter, and I will be adopting through my fiance a rather portly black and tan dachshund mix named Nugget.

Favorite Food:
    Mexican and Italian

How you met your FI:
    We met on the internet, but then discovered we'd met 10 years before in person but didn't remember it.

One of the reasons that we took longer than I wanted in setting a date is that I'm concerned about the July weather. We are having a outdoor wedding in a garden setting (with shade and a tent). In the end, we decided to just go with it since this date works best with everything else going on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The FI and I just moved our wedding date up - to July 6th! (we were planning for June 8, 2014!)
    Name/Screenname/Whatever-we-should-call-you: Mrs. Jackson (in 4 months! heh heh)

Occupation/Job/What-you-do-all-day: Figuring out my life... :D I have about 4 different jobs, one of which is full time, but all of which I enjoy.

Hobbies: Reading (just finished the Millenium series - great books!), spending time with the FI, attempting to change to healthier lifestyle, etc.

Pets (Pics preferred!): 
    420333_10101060246579322_1307992321_n.jpg
    A 5-month-old bulldog named Wiibey! Love him so much.

Favorite Food: Italian - delicioso!

How you met your FI: Salsa dancing! :D

Anything else you want to share?: I am so excited to marry this man... So looking forward to our future together. Best of wishes, ladies (and gents)!
    Interestingly, NaniLoa
  • Name/Screenname/Whatever-we-should-call-you: Laura

Occupation/Job/What-you-do-all-day: 2nd grade teacher

Hobbies: baking, reading, and shopping

Pets (Pics preferred!): I want my own dog really bad, but due to the amount of time FI and I spend at work we couldn't have one. My parents have a dog that I still call my own though LOL

Favorite Food: crepes

How you met your FI: in high school through mutual friends

Anything else you want to share?: I'm excited for the wedding to be here already!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2013

Hiya! I've been trolling the Knot boards as part of my wedding-planning-self-eductation for months now, but it's just dawned on me to take advantage of the sharing/planning/commiserating/advice on my wedding month board :)

Name/Screenname/Whatever-we-should-call-you: Diane - friends call me Di.

Occupation/Job/What-you-do-all-day: Internal communications for a health care company; FI has a much cooler job as a special needs teacher :)

Hobbies: Wedding planning, running, forcing FI to watch all the Bravo/E!/Style Channel reality shows, spending time with family & friends...

Pets (Pics preferred!): I have a cat - Stewart - he's been my buddy and companion for more than a decade and I rescued him from a cat hoarder when I was in the Navy, stationed in Hawaii. FI has a very naughty husky sorta-puppy and a senior citizen Chihuahua with bad breath, left behind by his ex - we call him 'fruit bat.'

Favorite Food: *SIGH* right now just about anything, as we recently started our wedding diet and workout routine :( I'm making the most out of a lot of vitamix recipes right now...FI and I are definitely a toxic pair of sweetaholics, though.

How you met your FI: Same as several of you :) I was going through a breakup that I just could not get over, even though the relationship was an utter fail. My mom and grandma hounded me to expand my horizons for some time before I finally gave in. FI was literally the first and only person I met and we were engaged seven weeks later! He propose on NYE and I have never looked back. It's crazy what they say - when you meet "the one" you just know!

Anything else you want to share?: Nothing much, just happy to be in good company as we approach this last leg of the journey to marriage - I literally could not have intelligently planned a wedding without the Knot - especially these boards!

~ ~ blessings to you all in your wedding/marriage/family journeys ~ ~

• Hi everyone! I've lurked around here for awhile but am starting to feel the crunch time for planning so thought I'd introduce myself and maybe start posting. :)

Kate

Occupation/Job/What-you-do-all-day: I'm a grad student, so most of my day is school or work related to it. Also, surfing Pinterest and the Knot.

Hobbies: I'm kind of a high stress person when I'm busy so I like to do things that are mindless and relaxing sometimes... like watching Bridezillas and TLC wedding shows, or trashy reality tv. Reading magazines is another favorite, as is turning up music way too loud. I wish I had bigger chunks of time to read books *I* want to read, but since I'm in school I do a lot of research reading.

Pets (Pics preferred!): We don't have any at the moment, sadly. Hopefully when we move after the wedding!

Favorite Food: Hmm, this is a tricky one. I don't have a very refined palate (I'd be fine with burgers and pizza at the reception), so junk food and stuff normally associated with kids tends to be a favorite.

How you met your FI: We met in college - one of those things that started out as a friendship built on lots of laughter and grew into something more.

Looking forward to learning more about you all and hopefully getting some great advice in the 3 months before our weddings!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name:
    Tamara

Portrait & Wedding Photographer

Hobbies:
    Travel, Reading, My dogs, Dining out, Laughing

Pets (Pics preferred!):
    Two French Bulldogs (Oslo & Jersey) and a Cat (Xyla)

Favorite Food: 
    North American'ised Sushi

How you met your FI:
    He is my bestfriends brother in law. She introduced us!

We are both Canadian & living in Canada.  Getting married July 13th on an Orchard in British Columbia.

• edited May 2013
    Jessica. :)

Student.

Hobbies:listening to music, & hanging out with my fiancee'.

Pets (Pics preferred!):one cat.

Favorite Food: How you met your FI: internet dating site.

Anything else you want to share?: the big day is two months away! ! :)
  • Whoa, I didn't even see this until just now :) Name: Ellena. I only put the handle 1 FairMaiden as a joke because I used the name "justamaid" before when I was a bridesmaid and using the boards for advice abut that. Now I kinda hate the handle because it sounds kinda narcisistic. Occupation: Elementary school music teacher. I loooooove my job and my students. Hobbies: wedding DIY stuff, generally geeking out :) Pets: none yet. FI and I really want to get a dog after we get married. One of our friends has a shitzu poodle mix and he's adorable and hypo allergenic, and FI loves his size. We're thinking of getting a pet along those lines... Favorite food: anything sweet. Or baked. Or just bad for you. I love saturated fats, carbs, and calories. Just not what they do to my waistline! Anything else: I just feel so excited and blessed to have met this amazing man, and get to be his wife. Whenever things get stressful, I just remember that the most important thing is that regardless of what else happens, I will be his wife :) And that is pretty much the best thing ever!
  • I'm late, I know!!!

Name/Screenname/Whatever-we-should-call-you: Trisha/tishnicden/Trish

Occupation/Job/What-you-do-all-day: Outreach consultant for school districts alt ed program

Hobbies: dont have many, work keeps me busy!

Pets (Pics preferred!):

Favorite Food: i just love food in general

How you met your FI: I spotted him at a sporting even and we both ended up at the same after party where he spotted me :)
  • Jen Social worker Jogging, wedding planning, girly nights Little Bailey our lhapso apso Favourite food, Italian We met through his sister then hooked up 2 years later, that was a decade ago :-)
  • edited August 2013
    Name/Screenname/Whatever-we-should-call-you: Photokitty/ PK

Hobbies: volunteering, hanging with family and friends, photography, working out

Pets (Pics preferred!): My FI has a dog, so now I do too...Hunter is an American Eskimo

Favorite Food: lobster and fried swiss cheese on a stick at the Ohio State Fair
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Name/Screenname/Whatever-we-should-call-you: Jackie

Occupation/Job/What-you-do-all-day: I am a student and I work at Ann Taylor Loft!

Hobbies: Being incessantly annoying on social media sites.
    7 month old puppy named Choco 10 week old kitten names Milton (don't hate on the name-- I let FI name him!)

Favorite Food: Thai food, cakes, frozen mangos, Wickles, Twizzlers, pretty much everything weird.

How you met your FI: We met in high school. We were both in the jazz band and hated each other! Slowly we became friends, and here we are today!

Anything else you want to share?: Getting married in 5 DAYS!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards