Massachusetts-Boston

Salon for hair and makeup in the Arlington/Cambridge/Somerville/Burlington MA area

Hi everyone,
I am searching for a salon in the Arlington/Cambridge/Somerville/Burlington area that would be able to do both hair and makeup for me and my bridal party (7 bridesmaids).  Unfortunately I don't have a place where we can all get ready so I need to find salon(s).  Does anyone have any recommendations?  My wedding is only about 4 months away so I am very nervous that I may be out of luck!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Re: Salon for hair and makeup in the Arlington/Cambridge/Somerville/Burlington MA area

• I am using Liz Fuller from Makeup Artistry Inc for makeup.  I know she travels all over and has gone to salons that don't have a makeup person on site.  If you find a hair salon that you like and is close to your venue, ask them if you can have your makeup person come to the salon.  I think it makes sense?
  • Sorry....her website is www.makeupartistryinc.com .  can't say enough good things about her!
  • I'm using Lindsay Griffin in Somerville for hair, and Tara at Tada makeup. They are friends and are doing my hair and makeup trial at Lindsay's salon, so I imagine they might be able to work there on the wedding day as well?
  • mm0429mm0429 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thank you for the comments!! Unfortunately I can't seem to find a salon that will allow a makeup person to come in.  I really wanted to use Lindsay Griffin but unfortunately she is not available on my wedding date.
  • Might have to do hair at the salon and have makeup done elsewhere?
  • I used Salon Maral in Stoneham for my wedding.  Maral was fantastic (I LOVED my hair) and has her own makeup girl, or you can use Kim from To Make Beautiful, which is just next door.  Several of my friends have used her since and had equally positive experiences!
  • I just made an appointment with Liz. She travels.
  • J.R. Burke salon in Arlington for hair!
  • I'm using Emily Higgins. She travels. She's also done my make up for a few weddings I have been in. She's fantastic. Doesn't cake on the make-up or use make-up that feel heavy. Plus she is very open to what you want as well as listening to what your bridesmaids are comfortable with. Everyone always ends up looking stunning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards