California-Los Angeles
Options

Malibu Nature Preserve not taking any reservations for 2014

FYI for anyone looking at this venue. The Malibu Mountains Conservancy has put the facilities up for sale and has transfered most of the outdoor space to the parks department. They don't have a buyer yet, but because ownership is in the air, they aren't taking any reservations for 2014. I had a nice talk with the guy today, he has no idea when they will have a buyer or what will change when that buyer is selected. There is a chance that after a buyer is found that wedding reservations will continue, but for the time being, they are only taking applications for 2013.

Re: Malibu Nature Preserve not taking any reservations for 2014

• Options
    Are you still looking for a venue? I feel like you've been searching forever!
  • Options
    SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Wheels987 said:
    Are you still looking for a venue? I feel like you've been searching forever!
    Still looking. It would be a lot easier if I lived in town and could look at venues as I found them. I'm also really, really starting to hate all the people who postponed their weddings to 2014 because they thought 2013 was bad luck. THEY are bad luck!
  • Options
    Do you have any "final" choices or are you still completely in the dark? I obviously don't know your whole situation, but if you're having too many problems out here, can you move your location? We found a few cool places in Julian, CA, but it's a couple hours south of LA. 

I read a couple of your other posts... sometimes you just have to say "screw it" when it comes to what other people want and do what you can with your fiance. My FI & I are paying for it ourselves, but we're also doing it all the way we want. Not everyone will be in attendance, but it'll be ours and we have 100% control over the whole day without completely going broke.

• Options
    SBminiSBmini member
    So here's where I'm at right now-

I have a venue I really like, but it's not available until summer.

I have another venue I'm looking at tomorrow that IS available on my preferred date.

I showed my mom first first choice venue again. We went over her concerns and talked through them. She feels just awful that she made me say no in May when we first saw it. But neither of us realized that finding a venue would be this tough. I left a message to check on availability.

If this doesn't get figured out in the next day I'm hiring a planner.
  • Options
    Am I clear that you guys are saying the preserve IS holding 2013 weddings?
  • Options
    SBminiSBmini member
    Yes, they are holding weddings this year, but aren't taking any reservations for 2014. At least not when I checked last month.

• Options
    Interesting. Thank you.  I tried to book for 2013 in January and was told I couldn't b/c of the possible sale. Then I booked a place but it was affected by the malibu fires, so now I'm back to square one... sounds like this may be an option... :/
  • Options
    SBminiSBmini member
    Oh no! That's awful! So sorry to hear. When is your date? Temescal had availability starting in August last time I checked. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards