Gothic Weddings
Options

Halloween Wedding

My fiance and I are having a Halloween themed wedding; Halloween as in darker colors and darker decorations. I like the idea of having black candelabras in the middle of the tables as centerpieces with dark red roses, but other than that I don't really know what else fits that theme. I don't like skulls or things like that, so other than the colors I don't really know what else to do.

If anyone has any ideas they could shoot out that would be awesome

Re: Halloween Wedding

• Options
    I actually think you're on the right track without completely overdoing it and making it look like a child's party.  Too much can definitely lean in that direction.  The black candelabra is good, and I'd stick with the dark colors, and you can add in some other more subtle details. Tall taper candles add a nice effect.  Maybe black accents like the wine glasses on the tables.  Black lace. 

I put Halloween Wedding into Google Images and found this:

Try Google Image and Pinterest for inspiration.  Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_gothic-weddings_halloween-wedding-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:673Discussion:26403975-6cc3-4196-b205-fd114c0d4dd2Post:02653b9c-e239-44f2-9718-360865c998a2">Re: Halloween Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually think you're on the right track without completely overdoing it and making it look like a child's party.  Too much can definitely lean in that direction.  The black candelabra is good, and I'd stick with the dark colors, and you can add in some other more subtle details. Tall taper candles add a nice effect.  Maybe black accents like the wine glasses on the tables.  Black lace.  I put Halloween Wedding into Google Images and found this: Try Google Image and Pinterest for inspiration.  Good luck!
    Posted by gmcr78[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips! I agree that with something like this is can be easy to overdo and make it look a little bit tacky. I've been using pinterest as my wedding planning bible!
  • Options
    My wedding will be on Halloween in 2 years, so I'm going to be following this forum religiously. Hopefully more people post. I really think you're on the right track for not making it tacky claudias91 
    Having it too Halloweeny is my main worry for my wedding. It's so hard to find inspiration for reception ideas, because it seems like past Halloween themed weddings take the holiday too literally in their decorating, instead of using the holiday as inspiration.

• Options
    I think that sounds like a good idea for the centerpieces. Dark purple is another color you could incorporate for dark pops of color to break it up.

Dark chocolate brown and burnt orange is another great color scheme for a halloween wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiance and I are having a Halloween wedding as well. On the day. In 2016. However, I'm getting some minor stuff out of the way now. Budgeting, pricing, and whatnot. As for getting on topic, I was looking into black glittery trees with votive candles hanging from them for center pieces.
  • Options
    I am having a halloween wedding as well, & have had alot of inspiration from pinterest. My main concern is not making it look too costume partyish. I like the idea of candlabras & taper candles. Maybe some silver or gray accents or branches in vases instead of flowers. Maybe a candy table... So many ideas... Cant pick which ones
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards