Flowers
Options

wedding flowers looked like crap!

I am so upset about my flowers at the wedding words can't describe how I feel. 

To start the day, I saw all of the bouquets in the bride's room and I was already disappointed.  My garden roses became the ordinary roses you can find at a grocery store.  Lisianthus were not in the bouquet at all.  Tulips were not the double tulips I asked for.  Freesias were not even open and were dangling out.  I wanted only creams and pink in my bouquet and there was so much green! 

My husband's boutonniere was suppose to be pink and it was ivory...like the groomsmen's.  The florist kept telling me how the groom needs to stand out when we had our meeting.  No, he did not stand out because he got the wrong color boutonniere!

All of the corsages were average looking.  I had a better corsage when I went to prom.  Dads' boutonniere didn't have any ribbons or accents and didn't match moms' corsages at all.  My dad described it as someone cutting the stem off a rose and just put a pin on it.

My centerpieces were so cheap looking!  I could've gotten a $20-30 vase at the store and have more flowers on it than what I saw at the reception. 

Later found out the florist didn't even do my flowers because she had to take care of her sick husband.  She is offering a refund but the damage is done.  I am sure all of the flowers are in the pictures.  She is being hopeful and was trying to tell me they will look better in pictures.   I am so angry! 

I want to apologize if my story scares any of the bride-to-be  :(
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wedding flowers looked like crap!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_wedding-flowers-looked-like-crap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:b0d88340-0c4b-4164-a1bb-fee270c3c105Post:88446767-d17f-4c60-86d3-6c4da425e91d">wedding flowers looked like crap!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so upset about my flowers at the wedding words can't describe how I feel.  To start the day, I saw all of the bouquets in the bride's room and I was already disappointed.  My garden roses became the ordinary roses you can find at a grocery store.  Lisianthus were not in the bouquet at all.  Tulips were not the double tulips I asked for.  Freesias were not even open and were dangling out.  I wanted only creams and pink in my bouquet and there was so much green!  My husband's boutonniere was suppose to be pink and it was ivory...like the groomsmen's.  The florist kept telling me how the groom needs to stand out when we had our meeting.  No, he did not stand out because he got the wrong color boutonniere! All of the corsages were average looking.  I had a better corsage when I went to prom.  Dads' boutonniere didn't have any ribbons or accents and didn't match moms' corsages at all.  My dad described it as someone cutting the stem off a rose and just put a pin on it. My centerpieces were so cheap looking!  I could've gotten a $20-30 vase at the store and have more flowers on it than what I saw at the reception.  Later found out the florist didn't even do my flowers because she had to take care of her sick husband.  She is offering a refund but the damage is done.  I am sure all of the flowers are in the pictures.  She is being hopeful and was trying to tell me they will look better in pictures.   I am so angry!  I want to apologize if my story scares any of the bride-to-be  :(
    Posted by beverlyluis[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Aside from this and your wrong cake post, I hope everything else about your day was good!  Just remember, nobody is going to remember what color bout the groom wore or what type of flowers were in the bouquets or even what shape cake you had.  Really.  You can't go back and do it again......move on and enjoy married life!
    <div>
    </div></div>
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    Ditto Joan. I see you also complained about people waiting until the last minute to RSVP and that your families were not as interested as you wanted them to be.  I would love to hear something about your wedding that you DID enjoy!  
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I like that you guys are so optimistic!  I agree I have been complaining a lot about the wedding.  To be honest, the planning and the wedding itself really wasn't enjoyable like I thought it would be.  If I have to focus on the best part, I will have to say it's getting married to my husband.  A lot of people tell me nothing else matters at this point.  It's just upsetting to not have an ideal wedding after all of the planning and investment.  Now that all of these flowers are in most of the pictures.  Having to look back and know it wasn't what we wished for.  I couldn't even have a bouquet with the flowers I wanted.  If none of these really don't matter, then why are we spending so much effort in planning?

We planned this wedding for us and our guests.  The guests didn't know but we know.  I just wanted to vent a little where I know people will understand more about wedding situations.  It's not my intention to take away from the joy and happiness here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Understandable. Sorry you had those bummers!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    That must have been extremely disapointing. My best friend had a similar experience on her wedding day... her flowers arrived and they were NOT what she had planned with the florist. She had a very heated discussion with the florist, but at that point there was really nothing that could be done. Her wedding was in 2 hours!

You know something though? NOBODY but her & the groom even noticed or knew. To this day people have no idea. That's the thing about wedding planning-- you see all the stuff that doesn't go according to plan, but nobody else knows what the plan was.. so they all just assume that it went off without a hitch. Smile

I AM sorry that you experienced all of that though. It must have rained on your wedding day and that is a big bummer. 
  • Options

I would ask the florist to remake your bouquets for free if the pics dont turn out good so you could retake them. I think she sould owe you at least that. not that this makes it right but people dont really rember the flowers they talk about the food and music.

• Options
    lringue said:

I would ask the florist to remake your bouquets for free if the pics dont turn out good so you could retake them. I think she sould owe you at least that. not that this makes it right but people dont really rember the flowers they talk about the food and music.

Re-take her wedding pics?  Really?  Ok then.

OP, I'm very sorry some things didn't turn out as planned.  I could imagine how frustrating that must be.  At this point you should just let it go and focus on what is most important, your marriage :) 

Congrats, btw!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Yes really if she is worried how they look in the pics. If the weather is bad at my venue they are letting me go back to get outdoor pics on another day. I didnt think it was that bad of a suggestion.
  • Options
    get your refund!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards