June 2014 Weddings

Anyone feeling the "still nearly a year to go" blues?

I'm just so down about having to wait! I think it's because we were originally planning May 31, but our dream venue was booked already. Now we're going with June 14! I'm sure the year will fly by, but I can't help from feeling bummed. I feel like I can't wait anymore! I've always been the kind of girl who gets excited about something and feels like she has to do it immediately or she'll burst. Surprisingly we've been engaged for a year already! Anyone else feeling bummed about having to wait? Any tips?

Re: Anyone feeling the "still nearly a year to go" blues?

• I'm enjoying the entire process. It's less than a year away and I'm sure the time will fly.  I figure being engaged and wedding planning is a once and lifetime thing.  So I am simply enjoying the planning process being engaged. Of course we are so excited for everything we have to look forward to for the wedding but I don't want to rush it either.

Anniversary

• There was definitely a week-long lull at the year mark.  However, this could be just the normal lull I feel after returning from vacation.  But the last two days I'm back in full excitement mode.  I was working on my jewelry yesterday and getting pumped.

The first 6 months of engagement went very fast, so I expect this year will fly by.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I definitely had/have those moments.  Especially now we are going to a festival every night for the last week and from most the stages I turn and see our wedding venue.  A friend turned to me the other night and jokingly told me... "this is your last Summerfest free, you're going to be old and married next year." 

In some ways I want to hurry up and rush things, but other ways it's kind of crazy to think this year is alot of last times I'm doing things "single".  I did buy my dress last week and we booked the photographer this week so that kind of helps in handling the wait. 

• I'm definitely there. I have all the big stuff taken care of, and I have a few things to do each month now, but I find myself not caring that much. I just want to be MARRIED. Especially since September-May FI and I won't even be living in the same city and I will be finishing up school, I have many reasons to want June 2014 to be here like now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • doctorpreggo, me too! I have two friends that got engaged a few months after me who will both be married by fall. I don't care that their engagements are shorter, but I'm so jealous of them for being able to get married.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It seems to be dragging, but we are in a waiting period. The venue is being slooooow at getting back to us on a hotel block, and we need that to move forward. I am going home in a few weeks to go dress shopping with my MOH, so I'm really looking forward to that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel like most if not all of us are having super long engagements. Almost everyone on here is a 12+ month engagement getting married June 2014.

Now that we hit and passed the 1 year mark, I'm feeling this urgency to really find a venue, photographer and soon for the caterer. The bad thing is, the reason our engagement is so long is bc FI is still trying to save for my ring :( Still trying to figure out how we are going to pay for it all.

A girl I work with got engaged yesterday and I feel like she'll probably be married before me.
  • It seems to be dragging, but we are in a waiting period. The venue is being slooooow at getting back to us on a hotel block, and we need that to move forward. I am going home in a few weeks to go dress shopping with my MOH, so I'm really looking forward to that. 

Coming from working in hotels, many times we can't book a room block out more than a year out unless it's a multi-year contract.  I ran into the same problem with my hotel block.  We booked with the hotel in March but they could not enter it until the 1 year date.  We signed a contract with them and the sales office held the rooms on their calendar.  At the 1 year date we received the confirmation of the room block.  I would give your sales office a call again and just ask to confirm or get pricing since you should be past your 1 year date now. 
  • r&c14r&c14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    I've had these feelings and normally I will take step back from wedding planning for a bit and find something to occupy that time. Weekend away with FI with NO wedding talk, craft project, etc. Sometimes trying to plan just makes these thoughts worse. I'm just glad I have the time to continue to save!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Chloeagh said:
    I'm definitely there. I have all the big stuff taken care of, and I have a few things to do each month now, but I find myself not caring that much. I just want to be MARRIED. Especially since September-May FI and I won't even be living in the same city and I will be finishing up school, I have many reasons to want June 2014 to be here like now.
    We are going to be in a similar situation--except FI leaves in three weeks (he is finishing graduate school). Neither of us are in the city (or even the state) where the wedding will be, so we are trying to finish up as many things as we can this month. Also, we won't know where his job will take us until the end of April (it could be anywhere in the country, really), so that added 'not knowing' is slightly stressful.

Coming from working in hotels, many times we can't book a room block out more than a year out unless it's a multi-year contract.  I ran into the same problem with my hotel block.  We booked with the hotel in March but they could not enter it until the 1 year date.  We signed a contract with them and the sales office held the rooms on their calendar.  At the 1 year date we received the confirmation of the room block.  I would give your sales office a call again and just ask to confirm or get pricing since you should be past your 1 year date now. 
    They were telling us we had to have them booked by a certain date (Destination Wedding), and then the lady went on vacation for 3 weeks, including over the time period we were supposed to get the contract, sign it, and return it to her. She's supposed to be back in tomorrow, so here's to hoping things can get moving. 

I did book a appt to go dress shopping next weekend, and the flower girl dresses arrived. The artist doing our save the dates and invites has all his info, and we should have a draft of the std's on Thursday, and a final copy next week. I am super excited about that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • At times it feels like it's forever away, but at other times I feel like "How are we going to get all this done in the next 11 months?" I know we can do it, but the trick is to not go insane in the process. Lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have everything planned and now it's just matter of paying for everything. And it super stinks that today, July 27, was our original date. We had to postpone for a couple big reasons, so today feels kind of weird to me. That would have given a year long engagement, so having the new date in June 2014 makes it 2 years. I have these moments when it feels so far away, then there are days like Tuesday when FMIL and I met with the caterer at the venue and my excitement reached epic proportions. 

I'm ready to be married to J! By the time you take into consideration having a crush on him in 8th grade to when we do get married, it'll have taken 28 dadgum years! June 2014 can just hurry the hell up and get here already :)
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards