Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Engagement photo sneak peek

FI and I just got back from Cozumel, Mexico where we are getting married in May 2014. We thought we'd do some photos while we were down there and try out the photographer. Still iffy on the photographer, but here's a few from our day at the beach. 

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"

Re: Engagement photo sneak peek

• Options
    Oooo - I LOVE the colors in the first one - that is by far my favorite!! I'll be honest - the other two are cute photos but they don't scream professional photographer to me....
  • Options
    I really like the first and second one. Great pictures!! You iffy about the pics or the actual photographer?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Both, I think. I guess I wished he had posed us more specifically to try to make us look better. I looks awkward in some photos because I didn't know where to look or where to put my hands. But, the photos were fun and some are really cute. I'm considering him for our wedding, but there's another company I'm considering as well. These are just the rough photos, excited to see how the edited ones come out. 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Ah - those aren't even edited? That makes a huge difference! (or so all my photo friends tell me)

For me, direction made a HUGE difference in the experience. I hate having my picture taken and our photographers were super awesome with giving advice, instruction and placement - all the while making it fun. Maybe he didn't give as much instruction since it was engagement pics and not full-on wedding? You could even mention to him (if you go with him for the wedding) that you are unsure on placement and to ask him to give you feedback. 
  • Options
    I LOVE the first two! And editing will make them even brighter and more lovable. The third one is also cute, but it almost seems voyeuristic?

I've heard the same thing @WinoGrrl said, communication is key especially when you don't like getting your photo taken. If you are really uncomfortable posing, tell him that, and I bet he'll be able to find a work around.

So special that you got to do this and try your photog out first! I wish we could get that chance, but it seems like this whole wedding is going to happen on spec.
  • Options
    You guys look adorable!!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards