Just Engaged and Proposals

Band vs Enhancer

I'm not quite sure if this is the best spot for this question but ill go with it. Which do you ladies prefer with a solitaire, a wedding band or a ring enhancer? I'm up in the air because I like the look of both. I like that with a ring enhancer the rings aren't separate but I like the variety of options when just a band.. Does anyone have any pros and cons of either? Ahh decisions decisions
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Band vs Enhancer

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I asked for a solitaire but that's not what my fiancé got me... I love solitaires because of the many enhancers you can choose from.  Bands are okay, I just have a thing for enhancers... :)
  • mlg78 said:

I asked for a solitaire but that's not what my fiancé got me... I love solitaires because of the many enhancers you can choose from.  Bands are okay, I just have a thing for enhancers... :)

there are a million and one kinds of enhancers. If I wanted to stay with a Leo diamond one like my solitaire I'm limited but I'm not concerned if the rings "Match" brands.
  • For me, it's completely up to what the solitaire looks like.  Some look great with a band, and others look better with an enhancer.  My e-ring is a family heirloom, and I didn't like the looks of any bands I tried with it.  I tried several enhancers, and also wasn't impressed.  But then I found THE ONE, which was an enhancer, and the combo is stunning.  I think it just comes down to what you like and what looks good with the ring!
  • I ended up going with the enhancer and couldnt be happier with the look of my ring! I cant wait till my wedding day!!

• I actually have 2 identical bands that I wear on each side of my ring. It gives the look of an enhancer but has the versatility of a band as I can choose to wear 1 alone if I want.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I actually have 2 identical bands that I wear on each side of my ring. It gives the look of an enhancer but has the versatility of a band as I can choose to wear 1 alone if I want.

That's a good idea!
  • edited July 2013
    I actually have both. My husband proposed and gave me a solitaire ring. Before our wedding, I found an enhancer we both really liked to go with it. It was soldered together before the ceremony, and that is the way I wore it for over 2 years. I recently found a diamond band I liked, and it matched really well together. I got that as a 3 year anniversary gift. So now I have my original solitaire, enhancer and diamond band all sodered together. The ring looks beautiful and you would never know it wasn't a matching set to begin with. So glad you found something you love, and that you are happy with your ring!
  • I purchased an enhancer for my solitaire.  I liked the idea of two bands but couldn't find a band that I liked enough.  I was at the jeweler getting my ring inspected and I saw this enhancer and fell in love.  I attached a photo so that you can get an idea of how it might look.  I haven't sized the band yet just because finger sizes can change but its the general idea.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I purchased an enhancer for my solitaire.  I liked the idea of two bands but couldn't find a band that I liked enough.  I was at the jeweler getting my ring inspected and I saw this enhancer and fell in love.  I attached a photo so that you can get an idea of how it might look.  I haven't sized the band yet just because finger sizes can change but its the general idea.

beautiful!
  • I like the look of having a band on each side. the enhancers didn't fit the shape of my ring, but I found two bands that would!

What does your ring look like?
  • I like the look of having a band on each side. the enhancers didn't fit the shape of my ring, but I found two bands that would!

What does your ring look like?

If you meant me my ering is a princess cut solitaire. I posted pics a few days ago. if you didnt mean me.. oops =) 
  • Jessica41381Jessica41381 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    oops i lied i posted it elsewhere lol , let me add them here
  • My ering and then my ering in the enhancer that I love! Not much longer and I can wear then together!
  • O man that is beautiful!!
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    imageimageHere is a pic of mine. It's 2 identical bands.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • A lot depends on your personal style as well as your hands/fingers.
    For me, I have long thin fingers and I hated the look of the band with my E-ring.  It just didn't seem substantial or bridal.
    I picked a cradle/enhancer style that was actually cheaper than the band, and (in my opinon) looked a LOT better. =) 
    I also love the fact that aside from my E-ring being custom built with family stones.... pretty much nobody has my ring set!

image  image   image

• @gymbugmj2k, I also didnt like the look of a band with my ering and neither did my fiance. 

When we went to the store to get our wedding rings they first went to the bands and my finace gave me a odd look but I tired on same bands anyway and I didnt like them. He spoke up and said her ring is such and such designer and I though they had bands for it, so she took me over and thats when I saw the beauty that we ended up getting. I didnt try any other enhancers or bands after I saw the one we got. I tried it with my ring and didnt give it back lol. Come to find out my fiance looked at me oddly because he always thought we would of went for an enhancer rather than a band anyway and didnt want to offend the sales woman who assumed we wanted a band. 

Beautiful ring!
  • This is mine, engagement ring, enhancer and anniversary band sodered together. I still love starring at even after wearing it everyday for all this time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards