October 2014 Weddings

15 Months!!!!

15 more months for us 10.11.14 girls! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 15 Months!!!!

• woo hoo! It seems like so long but its really not.
    Anniversary
  • Umm we have our venue. We designed our save-the-dates and helped my parents make an engagement party guest lists/planning. That's pretty much as far as we've gotten.
    Anniversary
  • So far we have the Venue, Photographer, Videographer, Cake Designer (comes with the venue), Ceremony and Cocktail Musician, DJ, Officiant, and Dress. I think that's it for now. I'm very proactive because 4 months out of the year I am glued to my job. I work for a CPA so January through April I don't have any time to go to appointments and spend time deciding on certain things. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just joined you ladies officially!  All I have is my reception venue so far, so I'm way behind.  I don't even have a church yet, and my budget has already exploded (similar to how my head is about to).  Not to mention, I'm planning my wedding in NY from CA.  Yikes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2013
    Yay more 10.11.2014 wedding date brides!
    So far we have a venue, my dress, a photographer, an officiant, flowers, some reception decor things, and I am designing our STD's and invites so we have that too! Making loads of progress because once the fall hits the fiance and I will be in full work mode and house hunting mode and wedding things will fall on the back burner. Still thinking about and planning all those other little details and some big things too like a DJ and favors! I'm absolutely terrified I'm going to forget something along the way.
  • edited July 2013

Wow I guess I'm really far behind! All I have is the reception venue booked. Question, Have any of you looked in to Honeyfund? We're thinking about doing it, but wanted to get some feedback :) Congrats to you all! Can't wait til 10/11/14!!!!!

• Congrats girls!!!! @shannonjocampbell I've heard about it but never looked into it. Is it where your guests can give you a "gift" towards your honeymoon? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes. By the time my fiance and I get married we will have lived together for almost 2 years, so we won't really need the traditional registry gifts so we thought that was a good option. Also with looking at everything you have done, am I behind? I was thinking I didn't need to do too much at this point becuase we're still over 14 months out, but now you guys are all making me nervous! Ha! :)
  • @jaz3088 Honeymoon Funds are highly frowned upon around here.

Try doing a search on the Knot, and a bunch of posts will come up, explaining how these are not very fair to your guests.

It's mainly a bad idea because your guests want to give you a gift, but a certain percentage of their Honeymoon Fund donation is going to the company as a service charge.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @TeddiD34 I did see some other posts with people getting very intense about their opinion. I understand if someone doesn't want to use it to have their opinions, but to disrespect some one else because they want to isn't really right either. We haven't decided 100% if we're going with that option, but I think it sounds like a great idea.

On the other topic, am I behind on my planning since I only have my reception venue, or are you ladies just really on top of your game? I was thinking I was fine, but after seeing everyones progress on here I'm nervous.

Thanks!!!!!!

• Don't worry about being behind right now. As long as you have some key items (venue, food, photog) you're good for a bit.

Many ladies (including myself) are just very ahead of the game on here :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ok good! Thanks! I was thinking Dress shopping around X-mas, and then the rest of the details early 2014. Luckely for me, I have my DJ and Photographer both taken care of through family friends that are doing it as my wedding gift :)
  • smalfrie19smalfrie19 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013

Wow I guess I'm really far behind! All I have is the reception venue booked. Question, Have any of you looked in to Honeyfund? We're thinking about doing it, but wanted to get some feedback :) Congrats to you all! Can't wait til 10/11/14!!!!!

If you check out the E board here they are actually in very bad taste because the company takes a portion of the money that is used to purchase that "gift" Please reconsider.

ETA Maybe register for things you want to upgrade! Like new bedding and towels and such. The reason its unfair to your guests is because you dont actually get the "gift" you get a sum of money less the amount of their fee.

Anniversary
  • I totally get what everyone is saying about the honey fund. Me and my fiance have lived together for 5+ years so I get what your saying about not wanting traditional gifts but I do see the other side of it too, your guests want to give you an actual gift sometimes. To each his own. 

Where I live things tend to get booked way in advance so I jumped on the opportunity to book things way in advance, I also work like crazy for 4 months out of the year so I wanted to be ahead of the game. Take your time and pick whats best for you. But, the closer it gets to our date the less people are going to be available (as in vendors) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • another 10.11.14 bride here, so excited to be among others :) 
  • Thanks for the input @jaz3088. We're thinking maybe doing some stuff on a traditional registry, and some stuff on a honeymoon registry. That way people can pick :)

Congrats @jhawkins313!!!!!!

• 14 more months as of yesterday!
  • Yay!!!!!! Each month is passing by so quickly already, it will be here before we know it girls! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards