Wisconsin

Plus size brides in the Milwaukee area....HELP!

Hi everyone! 

I'm having a very hard time finding plus size bridal shops in the Milwaukee area. I'm willing to travel to find the perfect dress but so far I have had no luck :( The problems I have had is that either the selection is minimal in plus sizes or the staff is not the greatest and actually made me feel very uncomfortable trying dresses on with them in the room with me. I do have a little bit of time, our wedding is October 2014. I refuse to go to David's Bridal again...they were horrible!! And the quality of the dresses I tried on was nothing compared to the look and feel of a designer dress. I just have no idea where to even look anymore :( Please help!!!! Thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions! 

Visit The Knot!   Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Plus size brides in the Milwaukee area....HELP!

• kjlambkjlamb member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    i am plus size, but i got my dress at davids bridal. I had some back up designers-I would check out the dresses on their website then look to see where they sold the dress in this area. I loved a few of alfred angelos designs and he does not charge extra for being plus size. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I noticed that the place I got my dress had them, but not sure how many. I was really happy with my service there (bridal, BM was lackluster service) - Amelishan Bridal in Richfield.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• I agree...you should check out Amelishan's.  They are great to work with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did go to Amelishan's and they had a lot of dresses plus size but maybe I need to go again with a different consultant? I just felt really weird getting undressed in front of the previous one...do any of you remember who you worked with?

Visit The Knot!   Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had two different ones and I really liked the first and not so much the second... I will look for my information, I just tried quickly and can't find it - but we just moved so it could be anywhere at this point.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• I worked with Michelle!  She was a great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thinking about giving Amelishan's a shot again...I'm just not looking forward to dress shopping :(

• Savvy Bridal in Brookfield was great to me.  They had a great selection and the price was perfect.  Very nice staff too.
  • @muenginerd - they had a decent selection of plus sizes to try and and choose from?? I may go there and check it out...I've tried 3 times to contact Amelishan and they are not getting back to me. 

• They had a good selection ranging from samples 14-18.  I ordered a 22 and fit into samples down to 12-14 fine, had plenty to choose from.  Only one we had a problem with was one pulled at a size 8, and didn't have a corset back.

Check with them if you know designer/gowns you are looking for, they have a good selection, not absolutely massive.  They use the loaner programs alot!  The store can get in the majority of gowns you are looking for. 

• I got mine at Evas Bridal in Oak Creek. I went to savvy bride and they had like 10 I could actually try on and only 1 I actually liked. I went to six places and the places with the best selection for plus size was Eva's and Amelishan.
  • Heims and Eva bridals have tons of dresses for everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards