Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Am I nuts?

So, my husband and I have been married officially a year now!  Time flies it seems.  Anyway, last weekend, he surprised me with "Just Because" gift.  It's an absolutely beautiful photo album that he had engraved with our anniversary, except the year is 2014.  I asked him why and he told me that he knows my only regret from our wedding is that we didn't get a full photo shoot around Vegas.  I loved our ceremony and the pictures we got from Graceland Chapel, and yes, we took some of our own, but more than anything, he knew I wanted pictures in front of the fountains, on Freemont Street, the Neon Boneyard, etc...  He wants to make that happen next year for our 2nd anniversary. 

But now I am thinking, is this wrong?  We aren't really renewing our vows, but we could.  But is this a crazy idea?  Just getting all dolled up for pictures?  It would just be myself and him along with the couple who stood up for us at our wedding.  Am I being selfish or what? 

Re: Am I nuts?

• Options
    AllyIdoAllyIdo member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer First Anniversary
    edited July 2013
    I think it's very sweet that your husband put this together for you. I'm getting married in Vegas next year and the Neon Boneyard is awesome, we just don't have time.

There is nothing wrong with getting decked out and doing a strip tour of photos. Selfish? No way! Are you planning to put your dress back on for this photo shoot to recreate the day? That might be little much IMHO. Just get dressed up and have a great time!

Edited for: clarity
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No, I'm not putting my wedding dress back on.  I think I am going to just make a simple 60s style dress for the pictures.  My husband will wear his suit he had made, minus the jacket. (Dress pants, crisp white shirt, suspenders and blue tie.)  It will be casual. 
  • Options
    It sounds like a blast! Enjoy it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think your husband was being very sweet and romantic! I don't think there would be anything wrong with renewing your vows or getting your hair and makeup done. I think it is important to treat yourself and do fun things together. Your marriage will be better because of it!
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    OMG!! I totally know how you feel. We're doing the same thing. I absolutely loved my wedding and wouldn't change a thing. There wasn't enough time to get the pictures that I really wanted, after the ceremony there was only an hour before the reception started. We used that time to take family pictures, so no time for anything else. I made sure to tell our photog that we really wanted pics at the Vegas sign, so that was our last shot of the night.

The pictures that I felt were the reason why we love Vegas, in front of the fountains, around Venetian, the bright lights, etc. We are planning a renewal, I think it will be just us, and I want to wear something different less traditional.
  • Options
    I agree I try to get all dolled up whenever I can. I even got my hair done for my house warming. I also have to get a manicure every time I go to Vegas. I have it done there because I have yet to find a competent nail person that doesn't work on the strip lol. I say go for it have fun, do something pink!
  • Options

But now I am thinking, is this wrong?  We aren't really renewing our vows, but we could.  But is this a crazy idea?  Just getting all dolled up for pictures?  It would just be myself and him along with the couple who stood up for us at our wedding.  Am I being selfish or what? 

Definitely nothing wrong with this!  My wife and I did a photo shoot with Mike L for our 1st anniversary and even had Francesca come back out to do her hair and makeup.  You're going to have a blast!

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards