Rhode Island

Weather Blues....

My wedding day is August 31. Beautiful Labor Day weekend in Rhode Island. Farmer's Almanac called for sunny skies on that date all spring long. I am planning on having an outdoor ceremony and reception, NE clam bake, umbrellas for shade, cool drinks, you get the picture. I just checked Farmer's Almanac again and all of a sudden they are calling for THUNDER STORMS!!!! How can it be?!?! The Bride-zilla in me is freaking out. I've spent all day on the phone with tent companies for that "just in case" monstrosity of a tent to shove my 200 guests under and ruin my beautiful outdoor wedding vision....
Should I be losing hope like this? How soon is too soon to freak about the weather? Is a tent going to be enough if it really is T-storms?
Advice/thoughts?

Re: Weather Blues....

• You're six-ish weeks out.  This is way too early to be freaking out about weather.

Weather is completely out of your control.  Your wedding day vision sounds lovely and I hope you have the beautiful weather you're dreaming of.  Having said that, I would strongly recommend having some sort of "back up plan" for inclement weather.  I think this is good practice for any outdoor event.

I've been to three outdoor weddings in the last year and it rained on all three days.  However, only one wedding had to be moved inside.  The other two days, the rain let up and the weddings went on as planned.  The weather is the one thing I'm not stressed about because I know there's absolutely NOTHING I can do to change it (although I fully expect to stress over the weather in the days leading up to my wedding).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards