Chit Chat

Would you eat this food?

Here's our caterer proposed menu - let me know if you think it needs something or needs to lose something.

Apps (these are all over the place):
Spinach artichoke puffs
Olive & Tomato tartlets
Southwest Chicken Wontons
Tomato Avacado Bruchetta
Pear Gouda Bruchetta
Brown Sugar Glazed bacon wrapped pinapple

Salad:
Mixed greens with fresh strawberries, candied pecans, and feta cheese.

Entrees:
Beef tenderloin medallions with Merlot sauce & horseradish dijon crumbs
Feta stuffed chicken breast with tomato salsa
Linguini Alfredo Primavera with Asiago
Seasonal vegetables (asparagus, peppers, and carrots) for each plate, assorted rolls on the table.

Dessert:
Wedding cake
Ted Drewes Ice Cream

 

 

image
Vintagelove4MairePoppykiddodarling[Deleted User]
«1

Re: Would you eat this food?

  • KDM323KDM323 member
    Knottie Warrior 500 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper
    Sounds great!
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd eat everything except the tomato stuff (they are the devil's fruit).

    But I have to say, no one on my side of the family would eat any of those things, except maybe the wontons and spinach & artichoke puffs. They are a very particular people and don't like anything too "fancy." And anything that involves cheese that isn't American, cheddar, or regular mozzarella is too "fancy."
    image
    ShesSoCold
  • daria24 said:
    I'd eat everything except the tomato stuff (they are the devil's fruit).

    But I have to say, no one on my side of the family would eat any of those things, except maybe the wontons and spinach & artichoke puffs. They are a very particular people and don't like anything too "fancy." And anything that involves cheese that isn't American, cheddar, or regular mozzarella is too "fancy."

    Hrmm, I don't think this would be an issue with our crowd. But I guess you never know. Hopefully, if someone has an issue, they'll just see beef, chicken, or pasta.

    We do have a kid's menu option of chicken fingers and mac&cheese haha.

    Thanks for the feedback! :)

    image
  • I love the apps, salad, and dessert. To be honest, I'd change the vegetarian option. 

    Pasta primavera is so often the vegetarian option for events and is so rarely very good. I realize your venue could be an exception, but I've had too many subpar experiences with it. Plus alfredo sauce is pretty heavy. I'd prefer something a little bit lighter.
  • PDKH said:
    daria24 said:
    I'd eat everything except the tomato stuff (they are the devil's fruit).

    But I have to say, no one on my side of the family would eat any of those things, except maybe the wontons and spinach & artichoke puffs. They are a very particular people and don't like anything too "fancy." And anything that involves cheese that isn't American, cheddar, or regular mozzarella is too "fancy."

    Hrmm, I don't think this would be an issue with our crowd. But I guess you never know. Hopefully, if someone has an issue, they'll just see beef, chicken, or pasta.

    We do have a kid's menu option of chicken fingers and mac&cheese haha.

    Thanks for the feedback! :)

    It's really about your crowd. My family won't eat beef that isn't charred to hockeypuck texture, and the only sauce allowed is plain gravy. But H's family would eat any of the stuff on your list. Hopefully everyone is more adventurous than my family!
    image
  • SKPMSKPM member
    250 Love Its 100 Comments Second Anniversary First Answer
    Sounds delicious! Will it be buffet-style or are guests selecting entrees with their RSVP?

    photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • As a vegetarian and someone who is lactose intolerant I would change the vegetarian option.   Very rarely is any pasta dish at a wedding any good.

    Anniversary

  • I'm actually leaning toward this caterer because I had their pasta at a wedding, but I get it's not everyone's favorite. And I know primavera/alfredo is the wedding fall back. Hmm the alternative pasta was a roasted vegetable cannelloni, which got poo-poo'ed by our families. The other non-pasta option was grilled eggplant or stuffed portabellas.

    It's plated. I'm planning on requesting dietary restrictions on our RSVP cards so we can ensure custom meals for those who need them.  

    image
  • I think your appies sound really good! But I would agree with PP about the vegetarian option. If you're interested in a suggestion, my venue is doing a roasted veg, spinach and ricotta wellington. It sounded so good I am going with the veggie option!
    Ajuliana
  • Could they make the grilled eggplant an eggplant parmesan? I put that on the menu for myself, and many non-vegetarians ordered it. In fact, the chicken and eggplant option were almost tied as most ordered, and the NY strip was ordered by the least amount of people. People raved about having a good non-meat choice on the menu. I really didn't expect many people to order it at all since I'm the only vegetarian.
  • Sounds delicious!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MairePoppyMairePoppy Connecticut mod
    Moderator Knottie Warrior 5000 Comments 500 Love Its
    My family would be very happy with all of it. Most of us would order the beef tenderloin medallions. 
                       
  • That sounds fantastic.  I'd love it.  I'd actually have a really, really hard time choosing between the three entrees. All sound great. I was hoping it was a buffet so I could have had all three in my imagination.
  • Speaking up for the tomatoes here, those tartlets sound awesome!
    "Courage is the price which life exacts for granting peace..."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That all sounds delicious! @daria24, my grandma won't eat at Olive Garden because she says it is too "fancy" and too "spicy"...so I know where you're coming from with the picky family!
  • I'm a picky eater and I would eat all of that!  (So, if you get a ton of declines I won't mind being B listed.  Really!)
    [Deleted User]
  • Heck yeah, I'd eat that! Send me your leftovers! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

    image
  • Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll maybe look into offering more than one vegetarian option or at least a duo of pasta and eggplant. 

    And @stagemanager14 I didn't even think of nut allergies! Thanks for bringing that up. I'll make sure we can offer an alternative salad too. 
    image
  • Sounds great! I'll be there

    But for real, the apps sound fantastic (pear-Gouda bruschetta? YUM) and you have nice variety in your entrees.

    Oh and HECK YEAH TED DREWES! That's awesome that you made it work!!
  • PDKH said:
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll maybe look into offering more than one vegetarian option or at least a duo of pasta and eggplant. 

    And @stagemanager14 I didn't even think of nut allergies! Thanks for bringing that up. I'll make sure we can offer an alternative salad too. 
    To me, everything sounds delish except the salad. I'm really not a picky eater, but I LOATHE fruit on a green salad. I probably wouldn't eat it (or even try it, tbh, because I hate the sweet vinegary dressings that usually come with) but I think you are offering so much other good food that a salad wouldn't really be missed by me. Although, if I were a guest and you offered an alternative, I'd take it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a lot of wonky food limitations and I would eat everything on here. Sounds delicious!
  • Looks good to me! Especially the Ted Drewes! We are looking at doing that but I am running out of time to figure it out, would you mind me asking how it works? Is your caterer serving it?

    Oh and I do think your menu is great as is, but I would do a second salad option if that's an option, or maybe consider doing a simpler salad? Lots of nuts and strawberry allergies, and some people just only really like plain salads. If you can't I don't think that's a big deal though, there's plenty of other food.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

  • I would put all of that in my face.
    southernbelle0915harper0813
  • astimmel said:
    I would put all of that in my face.

    Same here.

    Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

     

    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

     

     

  • Oh! If you do another salad, what about a traditional Italian/STL style salad with sweet Italian, provel, green onion, and prosciutto?  ZOMG, love.   I always get that when I go to Cunetto's when I'm in town. 
  • NerdyLucy said:
    astimmel said:
    I would put all of that in my face.

    Same here.
    Funny, I would put it in my belly...
    image

    Previously Alaynajuliana


    harper0813
  • Ajuliana said:
    NerdyLucy said:
    astimmel said:
    I would put all of that in my face.

    Same here.
    Funny, I would put it in my belly...

    I like to let my face have first dibs.

    Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

     

    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

     

     

  • manateehuggermanateehugger member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers
    edited July 2013
    Oh! If you do another salad, what about a traditional Italian/STL style salad with sweet Italian, provel, green onion, and prosciutto?  ZOMG, love.   I always get that when I go to Cunetto's when I'm in town. 

    Oooohhh, yeah, I'll have to ask about this. Thanks for the idea! I wanted to go a bit lighter on the salad since everything else is so savory, but this might be a good alternative. I'll discuss.

    @amalama - this caterer would place a bulk order to Ted Drewes for us. I think they keep it on dry ice. It'll be served in small individual cups. It's a little extra, unfortunately. I know Patty Long Catering regularly does a Ted Drewes station (and Gus' Preztels). You might want to look into them.

    image
  • PrettyGirlLostPrettyGirlLost A Land Filled with Unicorns and Cat Hair member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    Is my invite in the mail yet?  Sounds yummy!

    "Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."


This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards