Canada-Ontario

Hamilton/Burlington/Guelph/Cambridge/Kitchener Wedding Venues

Hi!! This is my first post on here and I am desperate for some venue suggestions. We want to have a venue that hold up to 200 guests. We are hoping to have about 170 guests. We have found lots of venues that hold around 160-170 but we don't want to get in a sticky situation with having too many guests. We are looking for a naturally beautiful and unique-ish venue. No banquet halls or conference centres. The combination of our large guest list and a distaste for banquet halls has made the venue search difficult. There are a few places we like (Ancaster/Cambridge Mill) and the Whistle Bear. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? We want to get married in October so it must be indoors.

If anyone has been to a wedding that the Whistle Bear in their Forest View room, would 170 guests make this large room (capacity of 350) feel to bare? 

Re: Hamilton/Burlington/Guelph/Cambridge/Kitchener Wedding Venues

• Liuna Station is beatiful! It's in Hamilton and was featured in the first X-Men movie (hello Hugh Jackman!). We considered it but ended up going with another venue. Ancaster Mill is beautiful as well.
  • joheryljoheryl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Another one of the Landmark groups in Burlington is Spencers on the Waterfront not sure the capacity of their rooms though.

I got married at the Cambridge Mill if you have any questions about that location.  Whistle Bear was my second choice but the downstairs room.  See if you can google some pictures of the larger room upstairs I remember seeing some when I was venue searching.

In Kitchener there also is Hacienda Sarria and the Tannery. http://www.bingemans.com/catering/venues/the_tannery.php
  • Thanks so much!
  • Just a head's up for Spencer's at the Waterfront. Their Observatory has a capacity of 110-120 (I can't remember the exact number since our guest list is not at capacity). But it is beautiful. Its the venue my fiance and I have booked.
  • Concordia Club in Kitchener is really nice, but it has a German/Medieval feel, so I don't know if that suits you.  I haven't decided yet if I want to book them, but I think the hall is really nice. 
    Cambridge Mill is gorgeous, IMO.  I had a friend that got married there and her pictures look spectacular.   

• BBcageBBcage member
    First Comment
    Carmens is pretty good. Wonderful service, beautiful.
  • Cambridge Mill is beautiful! I also went to a wedding at the River Run Centre in Guelph and that was a beautiful, unique venue. In terms of golf courses, Whistle Bear is nice - also Grey Silo and Cutten Club.
  • My fiancé and I are getting married at Spencer's at the Waterfront in just a few short weeks.  I'm confirming that the capacity for The Observatory is just 120 for a seated dinner.  It is an absolutely beautiful venue though - I can't wait!!
  • Thanks everyone for the suggestions! We chose the Ancaster Old Mill :D Can't wait!
  • I just recently attended a wedding and they had their Venue at Atrium in Burlington, it's an indoor location. The Venue is close to Shell Park which is great for photographs. The Venue fits up to 200 people. The servers are very nice as well. There is also a Bridal Suite available. 

(I know this is a late post, but for anyone who see this after it's a place to check out.) 

Downtown Burlington also has a nice lake side and cute shops (Kelly's Bake Shop) where you can walk by. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards