Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Looking for a father/daughter song...

My dad like Motown, Frank Sinatra, and soul/funk music... the only thing I've been able to come up with was Nat King Cole/ Natalie Cole- Unforgetable or Frank Sinatras- The Way You Look Tonight.... but I'm not sold on either. Any suggestions? 

Re: Looking for a father/daughter song...

• I just asked my dad what ideas he had and he actually came up with great choices. He is a musician (bass player) and also likes Sinatra and soul, basically everything... here are his suggestions...

Unforgettable by Nat King Cole
    Father and Daughter by Paul Simon
    Wild World by Cat Stevens
    Daughters by John Mayer
    The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra
    Everything by Michael Buble

I know they aren't all in the genres you mentioned, but I think the song should be about both of you. A song in his preferred genre is a nice idea but there are lots of other choices that might be wonderful for the two of you. 

The DJ we are using has a public website with most requested song lists (father daughter, mother son, first dance, etc.) you can check out.. here is the link for father daughter songs:

Hope this helps!
  • Thanks for the suggestions!
  • We're using "What a wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Isn't The Way You Look Tonight more of a romantic song?  
  • That's how I felt about it too, that's why I kind of don't want to use it. Same with Unforgetable....
  • I'm using " I loved her first" by Heartland.. give it a listen its such a great song!
  • Thanks for the ideas, not a country fan but I know there's a lot of options there.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Always - Frank Sinatra
    All the Way - Frank Sinatra
    Too Marvelous for Words - Frank Sinatra  Though these might be too romantic as well...  Other than Nat King Cole and Frank Sinatra, what other artists come to mind? 
  • I do like "stand by me" maybe i'll mention that to him. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards