New York-New York City

Engagement Party/Brunch NYC Ideas?

Hi ladies,
 My family is hoping to host an engagement party for FI and I in NYC (where we live). However, my family doesn't know NYC as well so I want to provide her with a few options. I know the budget isn't big and I'd like to keep it as cost effective as possible. Can anyone recommend any places (Manhattan or Brooklyn) where we could have a party or brunch for 25 - 35 people for no more than $20-$40/pp. The cheaper the better haha!

To give you an idea of the places I'm already considering:

Gabriela's
Calle Ocho
Kittichai
The Meatball Shop
Bill's
Delicatteseen
Bobo

Thanks so much!

Re: Engagement Party/Brunch NYC Ideas?

• I really love Uva, but I have no idea what they would charge for a private room. Their menu price point is around $15 though.

Alice's Tea Cup is right around the high end of your budget

Jones Woods Foundry is one of my favorite brunch places, they have a few different space options for rentals. 

The Lincoln Square location of P.J. Clarkes has a private room downstairs (though I have to say, their food isn't as good as the original location)
  • daria24 said:
    I really love Uva, but I have no idea what they would charge for a private room. Their menu price point is around $15 though.

Alice's Tea Cup is right around the high end of your budget

Jones Woods Foundry is one of my favorite brunch places, they have a few different space options for rentals. 

The Lincoln Square location of P.J. Clarkes has a private room downstairs (though I have to say, their food isn't as good as the original location)
    Great ideas, thank you! I LOVE Uva, I didn't realize they had an affordable brunch option. Good to know, thanks!!
  • Arte Cafe also has a cute private space and a great brunch, very affordable. 

Osteria Cotta has a really cute upstairs room for private parties. I believe their party menu is $35 per person.

Bobo is so cute!! My shower is there this weekend, and we are using the upstairs garden. We went to dinner there for a test run and the food was great!

• Arte Cafe also has a cute private space and a great brunch, very affordable. 

Osteria Cotta has a really cute upstairs room for private parties. I believe their party menu is $35 per person.

Bobo is so cute!! My shower is there this weekend, and we are using the upstairs garden. We went to dinner there for a test run and the food was great!

Oooooh Arte Cafe sounds great too! Thanks! Can you give me an idea of pricing for Bobo? It sounds aodrable!
  • Thalia's steakhouse on the upper west side

• I think Bobo is about $35 a person...here is the link to the menu

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards