Pennsylvania-Central

Dj suggestions and pricing

Who do you suggest for a DJ and what are you paying? Dj Jimmy Jam was recommended to us, his website lists a 1300 package which includes 8 hours of djing and a light/ceremony package.

Re: Dj suggestions and pricing

• I'm going with Soundwaves Entertainment. He is giving us half off because our wedding is technically off season. I had a phone consultation with him and he was very helpful and he's on our preferred vendor list at Heritage Hills so it worked out perfectly. We only need 6 hours though.
  • DJ Klock is probably one of the higher price range but after meeting with Jason we felt that no other company would be as professional and attentive. that feeling is well worth the $$!
  • Whomever you book make sure they are digital and not CD based.  Better quality and most CD DJ's don't mix, play the most current selections, and tend to have technical problems.  HIGHLY recommend Klock.. they're worth every penny.  Also love Ryan Miller Entertainment, Mike Miller of Mixed Up Productions, and G2 (look on facebook) who is word of mouth only.

• We used Adam Moyer from Silver Sound. We paid about $750 for 5.5 hours + set up-he had three different set ups as our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were in three different spots. It also included some basic lighting for the reception. I really, really like Adam, he was very easy to work with and he really listened to our likes/dislikes. 
  • We're using Klock Entertainment, the price was good for us (they have several packages) and we had seen them at a friend's wedding last year and they rocked it! Very, very good company.
  • Forgot to give pricing... Soundwaves half price is around $500 for 6 hours and basic lighting. I told Klock we couldn't go over $1000 and he said that we're playing roulette with our wedding... Considering we weren't even planning on having a DJ we'll probably be fine. And he came highly recommended by our venue. I'm not too worried.

He does, however, charge $150 if he has to move locations. Our ceremony is in the same room as the reception so that wasn't an issue for us but could add up quick.

• Agreed about Klock, I also did hear good things about Ryan Miller and Mixed Up. Our package with Klock is about $1300 which is a DJ, an announcer, photobooth and some lighting.
  • I know a lot of people who have used Wild Bill for their DJ and have been really pleased. Our wedding isn't at Susquehanna Club, but I believe he's one of their recommended vendors. I know he's also under $1000.

• Ryan Miller seemed awesome, I love that he is high energy and is around our age, but he is a little more expensive than we want ($1600 for dance lights, a second mic system, and him being there for 6 hours). Anyone know anything about DJ Mikie Mic from Lancaster? A co-worker highly recommended him- her and her two sisters as well as another family member used him. He quoted us at $1,000, which is a second system, lights and 6 hours.. he also has a second person and his OT rate is $95, which is great is we want to keep the party going.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards