Favors

Favors for a Jack & Jill

I am very excited to attend the Jack and Jill party hosted by my Bridal Party.

Not sure what information is relevant, but heres the question with details below: Do you give party favors at a Jack & Jill?

Our wedding is a destination wedding. My Fiance and I live in Fl. His family is from Fl whereas my family is from Ct. Everyone who got invited to the wedding, also got an invite to the J/J. Unfortunately, none of his side will be able to attend the J/J.

There is no entry fee and the J/J is Sunset Themed considering is it a sunset beach wedding in Fl.

So, if giving out party favors is something that should be done, any ideas? I was thinking luggage tags since everyone attending the party will be flying to the wedding? Not sure if that is too cheesy? I wouldn't just throw them on a table. I would have them wrapped all pretty. Any ideas would help. My girls didn't want help, but I feel the need to do something!

Re: Favors for a Jack & Jill

• csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

The hosts of the party should decide if they want to do favors.  For the shower that my aunts are planning I have no idea if there will be favors or what they will be since it is completely up to them.  I think the same follows for this party.

As for luggage tags as a favor in general, this is not something I would want since I already have quite a few luggage tags. 

• I am very excited to attend the Jack and Jill party hosted by my Bridal Party.

Not sure what information is relevant, but heres the question with details below: Do you give party favors at a Jack & Jill?

Our wedding is a destination wedding. My Fiance and I live in Fl. His family is from Fl whereas my family is from Ct. Everyone who got invited to the wedding, also got an invite to the J/J. Unfortunately, none of his side will be able to attend the J/J.

There is no entry fee and the J/J is Sunset Themed considering is it a sunset beach wedding in Fl.

So, if giving out party favors is something that should be done, any ideas? I was thinking luggage tags since everyone attending the party will be flying to the wedding? Not sure if that is too cheesy? I wouldn't just throw them on a table. I would have them wrapped all pretty. Any ideas would help. My girls didn't want help, but I feel the need to do something!

Define Jack and Jill. Is this like a co-ed shower where people will be bringing you gifts, or a fundraiser for your wedding? You said there is no entry fee, so I'm going to assume it's like a shower. You really shouldn't have any part in putting together your shower. Ditto PP that the hosts should decide this. For the record, however, I do think luggage tags make nice favors. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • A Jack and Jill party is usually done in place of Bridal Shower and a Bachelor Party and sometimes in place of an engagement party.

There are so many different types. Some you have to buy tickets to, some you just pay into games, or some involve no money. People say when you are having guests pay and entry fee, you should have a nice quality party favor. Though, I am not having them pay for anything, I still think I should give them a little something. Like I said though, any other suggestions would be great.

I thought considering all of the people attending the party will be flying to the wedding, stainless luggage tags would be a cute little gift. I think whatever I decide to go with, I will have some people who love it and some people who hate it.

The hosts of the party are doing a real lot to get the party to come together. However, one just lost their job and I can't expect them to pay for everything. Why not help out if I can? I don't know anything about the party except for location, time, and as of right now there are no favors. Considering I was given money to put towards the Jack & Jill from a friend who can't be there to help or attend, I figured might as well use it for the party favors since that is the last thing that needs to be done for the party.

• Showers are not and never should be fundraisers. People getting married are not charities.
  •  

PDKH said:
    Showers are not and never should be fundraisers. People getting married are not charities.

I agree which is why we aren't having people pay an entry fee or having people pay for anything. I want to see everyone while I'm there and I think a lot of people would get turned off if they had to pay to come.

• I know you don't mean any harm, but I agree that I wouldn't buy your own favors. Could you pass the financial gift along to the hosts to use to help defray food costs? If the hosts want to do favors and ask for suggestions, I do like your idea.

Glad there's no paying at your Jack and Jill; I'm sure it will be a blast!
  • Since the J&J is being held in your honor, I really don't think you should be bringng things to it. 

I think it might hurt your hosts feelings - it's king of like implying that the party they're throwing isn't lavish enough so you had to bring something else to make it look better.  I'm sure you're not thinking that, and you know your friends better than I do, but I would probably feel that way if I was throwing a party for someone and they showed up with favors or decorations or something else to "help" with the party.

If you really want to give everyone a small gift, you could send it along with your thank you notes - a luggage tag is flat so it wouldn't be too much of a pain to include it...  In the slot where you put your information, just put something like "Thank you so much for attending our Jack and Jill last weekend!  We can't wait to see you for the wedding!" 

And not that it's necessary, but if you're making the hosts little "thank you" bags for hosting your J&J, you can attach them to their bags...

• kryan32 said:

Since the J&J is being held in your honor, I really don't think you should be bringng things to it. 

I think it might hurt your hosts feelings - it's king of like implying that the party they're throwing isn't lavish enough so you had to bring something else to make it look better.  I'm sure you're not thinking that, and you know your friends better than I do, but I would probably feel that way if I was throwing a party for someone and they showed up with favors or decorations or something else to "help" with the party.

If you really want to give everyone a small gift, you could send it along with your thank you notes - a luggage tag is flat so it wouldn't be too much of a pain to include it...  In the slot where you put your information, just put something like "Thank you so much for attending our Jack and Jill last weekend!  We can't wait to see you for the wedding!" 

And not that it's necessary, but if you're making the hosts little "thank you" bags for hosting your J&J, you can attach them to their bags...

Oh my gosh, I didn't even think about possibly offending them by doing that. I don't think they would be, but I wouldn't want to chance it either. Thanks for mentioning that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards