Rhode Island

Arrowhead Acres? Meeting House?

I'm trying to book a reception for about 125 people in RI or nearby Mass. I'm looking for a space that's sort of woodsy or by the water and that allows outside catering. It can be solely outdoors with a tent, a pavilion type, or indoors. My budget is less than $4,000 for the venue itself and the cheaper, the better. I really don't want anything fancy.

I like the Meeting House. I have concerns about parking. I drove by and it looks like there is nowhere for guests to park. I'm also concerned that their website says it MUST be open bar which would obviously hike the price up. Anyone married there or know enough to speak on either of those?

I also like Arrowhead Acres. Concerns are that I started reading reviews... They are either excellent or awful. Awful reviews had people complaining about the rudeness of the female owner, no drinks on the dance floor, owners being overly involved (almost babysitting wedding guests), and owners changing their tone after they got paid. I'm also concerned that this isn't just another version of an American Legion, Elks club, etc.

Any answers about either of these or any suggestions of where I can put up a tent and have a party cheaply (that's really all I'm looking for) would be MUCH appreciated. I'm starting to feel like the place I'm looking for just doesn't exist.

Re: Arrowhead Acres? Meeting House?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards