Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Too windy for my hair?

I'm getting married in 1 month and I am still flip flopping over hair styles.  I'd like to wear my hair down (or half up, half down), but I'm worried about it being too windy for a "down" style in August.  Our pictures will be taken around 5pm, prior to the ceremony at 7 pm.  We want to do some photos outside around the Bellagio, but I'm worried I'll look like something the cat dragged in afterwards, between the heat and the wind.   Thoughts?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Too windy for my hair?

• Options
    I'm going to agree with you on that.  I would be worried too.  Anyway you can take pics and get your hair touched up before the ceremony?  
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options
    SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I have Harmony scheduled for hair and make up in the afternoon, then photos before the ceremony.  I don't think she'll be sticking around to fix it, although I suppose I could try myself (I am pretty bad at stuff like that, though...)  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mnuppmnupp member
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm a September bride and always wanted a half-up/half-down style until we book in Vegas and I decided I wanted my hair off my neck so the sweat didn't make it stick and look stringy. I didn't even think about wind during outdoor pics, but now that concerns me as well!

With that in mind, I'd suggest an updo that will be set in place & won't bother you that day. The last thing you want to be worrying about while getting pictures is how to fix your hair!
  • Options
    I had my hair down at our wedding two weeks ago, I was happy with it even during the heatwave!
  • Options
    SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks, ladies!  I appreciate the input.  I think the hardest part for me is that I am not having my hair trial until the day before my wedding, so I have a lot questions as to how it will look, how secure it will be, etc.  I think it is going to be a decision I make during the hair trial!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards