Favors

Trying to pick from two koozie designs

I am so excited,  I have my colors, and I have done two designs.  But I can't decide which one I like best,  I like the whimsy of the beer can with the arrow, but the second is a little more formal.  This will be a fun favor for us for sure.  Any thoughts?

Re: Trying to pick from two koozie designs

• I like both of them - but I think the second one is more bold and easier to read.  Cute idea!
  • Thanks, I like that one more, but my FH likes the first one.
  • Hmm. just got to thinking about this -  How are you giving these away? - are you wrapping them or attaching a tag somehow?  If you are using a tag you could also take whatever style you decide not use on the koozie and print it on the tag...that way you could use both? -- anyway - just a thought - Good Luck in deciding which one to use on the koozie!
  • The second one feels more modern. 
  • I dislike them both b/c I hate koozies and I hate favors with other people's names and wedding date on them. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Never thought about a tag,  we were either going to put them at the table settings, or have them in a gift basket where drinks were served.
  • Lol I love koozies Addie. I have tons from weddings and use them all. 
  • We are no longer friends, P. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think koozies are ridiculous, personally.  I cannot imagine ever having a use for one. And I don't want something hanging around my house with someone else's name & wedding date on it. 

• Noo, Addie! I'll give you a "I'm sorry I like koozies" cake!

Lol I hate drinking from can without one. Your hand doesn't get cold , and your drink doesn't get warm.

But OP, I think this is a know your crowd thing. If you all are yard game, pontoon types I think this will go over really well. If you aren't, you might get reactions like the above PP's.

• Interesting to me, how unkind people can be.  This is our wedding favor.  I am not poo-pooing your colors, dress, favor, etc.  I didn't really ask if you liked them, that is your choice.   Guess I know two people I wouldn't invite to our wedding.

FWIW,  we have quite a few from other weddings, and it is fun to recall the good times at their wedding when we use them.
  • Interesting to me, how unkind people can be.  This is our wedding favor.  I am not poo-pooing your colors, dress, favor, etc.  I didn't really ask if you liked them, that is your choice.   Guess I know two people I wouldn't invite to our wedding.

FWIW,  we have quite a few from other weddings, and it is fun to recall the good times at their wedding when we use them.

Whew! Just relax. People here give you blunt feedback that could often reflect the feedback your guests would give you if they were blunt to your face too. You can't tell people how to post.

Re-read my last post. Some people find koozies tacky, some people use them. If you like them, and know your crowd likes them, just use them. Take feedback and move along. Good Lord.

• I enjoy getting thing that are personalized from other people's weddings - I have Christmas ornaments that were given from weddings close to Christmas that I hang on the tree each year.  Every time I hang them on the tree I think about that wedding and the good time that we had there.  I try to look at this way - If the couple is offering a favor, take it and be respectful that they put time and thought in to what they chose.  If you don't want to use it once you get it home, then just put it away - or give it someone that you think would get good use out of it.  One thing for sure - we all have our like and dislikes, but respect should be the same for all.  There is blunt feedback here - but that is just how it is.  No worries, just take the feedback for what it is and make YOUR decision and be confident you have made the right one! :)

I'm not poo-pooing your choice. I'm saying that, edible favors that don't have your name and wedding date blasted all over it, are usually a better choice. 

Like PDKH said, some people like them (like you), but a lot of people don't.  And they will likely end up in the trash. If you gave an edible favor that was wrapped up in a cute package with your name & date on them, the percentage of your guests who actually enjoy your favor will increase significantly.

Like others have said, the advice on these boards is blunt. it's rarely actually rude, and it's almost always a good cross section of what your guests will actually be thinking.

• I don't use koozies, so I wouldn't take it home.  I don't like random stuff around the house.  And I especially wouldn't keep anything, no matter what it is, with someone else's name on it.
  • I like the second one. For some reason it just looks nicer to me. FWIW we use koozies all the time on the patio to keep our beer cold and I would absolutely take this home. I keep favors with people's names on them though because it's a nice reminder of my loved one's wedding days.

If someone here says they don't like your choice of wedding favor, don't take it personally.   The fact that they don't care for it doesn't invalidate your choice.  There's no etiquette rule that requires you to pick only what we would pick or avoid what we would avoid (or anyone else). If koozies are what would work for you and those you are inviting, then by all means go ahead and use them as opposed to something else.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    The second one.
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013

Interesting to me, how unkind people can be.  This is our wedding favor.  I am not poo-pooing your colors, dress, favor, etc.  I didn't really ask if you liked them, that is your choice.   Guess I know two people I wouldn't invite to our wedding.

You wouldn't invite me to your wedding b/c I said I didn't like your wedding favor? I hope you realize there are going to be plenty of people at your wedding who don't like koozies. They are your in real life friends and family, though, so they would never actually say anything to you. Have koozies, don't have koozies; I don't really give a hoot. But since you posted on a public forum, you should have expected opinions. 

ETA: PDKH, you know I'm easily seduced by cake. Deal!

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    This poor bride just asked a simple question, a or b.  She did not ask if koozies were a good idea or not, she already decided that for herself.  If koozies aren't your cup of tea, then you don't have to say anything, especially not how much you "hate" them or have no use for them... 
  • 2nd one. Everyone where I'm from uses koozies. People usually take a couple, actually! You couldn't go to any of our friends' homes and be short on koozies... we love them.
  • doeydo said:
    This poor bride just asked a simple question, a or b.  She did not ask if koozies were a good idea or not, she already decided that for herself.  If koozies aren't your cup of tea, then you don't have to say anything, especially not how much you "hate" them or have no use for them... 

Oh geeze. All she needed to say was "I know a lot of people don't like them, but I know our crowd uses them often. Thanks for your comment though."

And then everything would have moved right alone. Sensitivity on the internet is just dumb.

• doeydo said:

The poor bride posted a thread on an internet site.   The thing is we post advice here, you don't get to dictate what kind of responses people give.  And most of the advice comes from personal experience or the thousands of other posts here.

In a year, we'll have another post that says "OMG!  I ordered 200 koozies and only 20 people took them!!  What am I going to do with all of these ugly koozies!?".

• I definitely like the second one.  Where did you do the design?  They look pretty nice.  Well done on both!! 
  • doeydo said:
    You do realize this is a public message board and that people are free to comment any way they wish, right?

That said, I've seen several instances where brides have changed their minds on things after gaining different perspectives from people who have no vested interest in their wedding.
  • doeydo said:
    You don't seem to understand how public forums work. 

• I agree.  also to JenniGerald  Kustom Koozies is who I did the design with. 

As far as  ""OMG!  I ordered 200 koozies and only 20 people took them!!  What am I going to do with all of these ugly koozies!?"."  

Can guarantee you that will not be the case.
  • The one o the left is more forma. I think the one on the right if more fun.
      I thin people would be more inclined to use the right one more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards