Interracial Weddings
Options

invitations in two different lanuages

Re: invitations in two different lanuages

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did mine in English and Spanish - I printed my own using a Wilson invitation which comes with a printer template, however I'm sure if you have all of the wording your printer would work with you on it. We kept everything a little shorter / smaller font than probably would have otherwise. I used google translator to get the Spanish and ran it all past FI as my Spanish is pretty poor, and it's a very reliable source. I'd still have it double checked, but it was a lot easier to have him proofread than to convince him to translate it outright (much less time on his part, KWIM?)
    Visit The Knot! Anniversary
  • Options
    mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could make your own and then print them with Vista Print.  Saves a lot of money, too.

Or maybe try a bilingual etsy seller that does invitations?  There's gotta be a few at least.  What language?
  • Options
    I can't see the Weebly; it wants me to login, and I don't have an account. :( However, I'm considering doing this... not sure if we want to have all the invitations be in two languages, or, since we're having a full wedding in the USA and then another in Tel Aviv, if we should have two different sets of invitations.... doesn't help that we're inviting people who speak about 25-30 different languages, but at least most of them are good with either English or Hebrew. x-P 
  • Options
    I'm American and my fiancé is Spanish. I'm looking not only at bilingual invitations, but also a website with the option of switching between English and Spanish. Has anyone had any luck figuring out how to do that? Thanks!!!
  • Options
    I am looking for English/Cantonese wedding invitations. If anyone has any suggestions on where to find these I would be so grateful!

I'm American and my fiancé is Spanish. I'm looking not only at bilingual invitations, but also a website with the option of switching between English and Spanish. Has anyone had any luck figuring out how to do that? Thanks!!!

We looked into this, but had no luck. Since so many people are coming from overseas we wanted them to be able to rsvp online. Hopefully, they can switch it on their home computers some how with google translate.

• Options
    We build a lot of bilingual websites i.e. www.fred2014.com the Spanish version is actually a second site. When you click 'Espanol' at the top, you are being redirected to a completely new site. That is how we do it as a large ad agency. I think it is your best option. For example you and have katieandfiance.com and katieandfiancees.com Or katieyfiance.com.

As for bilingual invitations, I've seen many times people who just go with folded invitations (tri or bi) and have one language on one side and the other language on the other side. This is a fine approach.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards