Moms and Maids

How to Ask Them

I am planning on asking my sisters to be my bridesmaids.  I don't know how this is supposed to be done.  One lives a few hours away and I see her occasionally at family gatherings and holidays.  My other sister lives a half hour away and I see her slightly more often than the other sister just because of location.  Now, I don't expect big help with planning, just for them to be there with my on my day.  So, do I wait for the one sister to come up one weekend and invite her over for dinner along with the other sister and ask them both then?  Or shall I just ask them next time I see them in person?  Or will a phone call suffice?  

Re: How to Ask Them

• doeydo said:
    I am planning on asking my sisters to be my bridesmaids.  I don't know how this is supposed to be done.  One lives a few hours away and I see her occasionally at family gatherings and holidays.  My other sister lives a half hour away and I see her slightly more often than the other sister just because of location.  Now, I don't expect big help with planning, just for them to be there with my on my day.  So, do I wait for the one sister to come up one weekend and invite her over for dinner along with the other sister and ask them both then?  Or shall I just ask them next time I see them in person?  Or will a phone call suffice?  

A phone call and heartfelt conversation wins every time.

No need to make a production out of it - that's pintrest getting to your brain and the wedding industry getting to your wallet.

• A phone call will work just fine :)

I agree with @PDKH, Pinterest is making people think things need to be so much more complicated than they are!

• Phone calls are awesome.
  • Just call and ask. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Call and ask. Don't "tell" them.
  • Phone calls are just fine when asking someone to be a bridesmaid. One of my friends already told me she wants to be a bridesmaid but then said, "But I'll OFFICIALLY ask you when I think of a cute way to do it." It is unnecessary (and occasionally uncomfortable, in my opinion) to do anything other than ask and maybe say why it would special to you.
  • I would suggest not asking them together. It put the pressure on for them to say yes.
  • Yeah, I love Pinterest but sometimes I wish I could beat it back into the depths of hell.

I was never actually asked to be MOH, both the bride and I just kind of knew it was a given.
  • I felt the same way. :) I just pulled each lady aside when I got the chance and expressed how much it would mean to me to have them by my side. They were all happy and very excited to have been included! I also agree with the other posters, Pinterest does make it seem a bit over the top.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards