Favors

Individual favors vs cookie bar

I need your advice ladies! Which would you prefer as a guest -- a self service cookie bar OR an individual favor?

This is the cookie bar

The other option - individual favors that also act as place cards. For these, I'd probably just fill them with candy. 

Surprisingly the costs are almost the same. For the jar favors it would be $184 for 125 guests plus the cost of candy (I don't know how many ounces these things can hold??). For the cookie bar it would be $12-$15 a jar x 6 = $72-$90 plus 288 cookies from Pacific Cookie for $105..grand total $180 (not inc shipping). 

Im leaning towards the cookie bar because I think it speaks more to me and my FH since we both love cookies lol. However my MOH is all about the individual ones, so now I'm torn. What are your thoughts?  

Re: Individual favors vs cookie bar

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

How about putting 2-3 cookies in a cello bag for each guest?

• Cookie bar.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Another vote for cookie bar. I'm all about food that I can pick out for myself because I'm a picky eater.
  • I like the cookie bar.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I have Celiac disease, so I wouldn't be able to have the cookies but I might be able to eat the candy.

• doeydo said:
    I have Celiac disease, so I wouldn't be able to have the cookies but I might be able to eat the candy.
    My sister in law makes killer gluten free cookies, I was thinking of asking her to make a small bunch as well since I know some people can't eat it. I know some vegans too who will be invited - so maybe a gluten free vegan hybrid? lol
  • csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I like them both but I am a cookie addict so that gets my vote.  In Pittsburgh cookie bars are the norm and the rule of thumb is 4 cookies per person or if you providing to go boxes then 6 is recommended...just in case you find this information useful.
  • SandraSandra member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Cookie bar..,. simply for the fact that I feel it's really unique and cute.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Well in that case, the cookie bar sounds great.  More unique than candy at a wedding, and who doesn't love a good cookie?
  • csuave said:
    I like them both but I am a cookie addict so that gets my vote.  In Pittsburgh cookie bars are the norm and the rule of thumb is 4 cookies per person or if you providing to go boxes then 6 is recommended...just in case you find this information useful.
    That is good to know..I was thinking 2 cookies/person was sufficient :|
  • I would do a cookie bar, and plan on 4-6 cookies per person.   also, I wouldn't put them in jars like that. Put them on platters so they don't break and end up one big crumb at the bottom of the jar.
  • Cookie bar is cute and different. I love baked goods more then little candies.
  • We are doing a cookie bar (family tradition from Ohio) and have been lucky enough to have moms/grandmothers/aunts willing to make their "signature" cookie. Our only struggle is the packaging to provide.

Everyone that we have told thinks it's a good idea, so go for cookie bar - they're cute & easy!

• I love the cookie bar idea. Just increase your estimates of cookies per person-- people will snack on them at the wedding before packing them up to go.

I've seen the candy tables decimated from snackers!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I agree with the cookie jar option not only for the reasons listed above, but because that would be way less time consumed with stuffing favor bags.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards