Connecticut

@moonlightsilver

Hi there. 
I reached out to you studio1923 because I am just in love with your wedding photo. lol. 
question, your photographer was amanda or jerome. They both are available for my wedding however I can't afford Jerome. :)  I don't think my fiance would pay more than $3500 for a wedding photographer. 
Can you tell me the experience you had with Amanda (if she was your photographer)
thank you

Re: @moonlightsilver

• edited July 2013
    Hey! We actually had Jerome as our photographer. They hired Amanda right after we booked our contract, so she wasn't someone we could book when we signed, know what I mean? 

That said, I think Amanda is awesome. I follow Studio1923 on facebook and I see fantastic shots that are done by Amanda. She really knows what she's doing- I doubt Jerome would have hired her if she wasn't the best of the best! Plus, if I understand correctly, Jerome still edits the shots she takes, so you still get to see his fantastic work. 

Honestly, I'd recommend both of them to anyone. Take your FI to meet with them, see who you click with best and take a look at the photos they have. 

ETA: Also, have you clicked on my Married Bio? I have some more pictures there too!
  • I haven't clicked on the married bio yet. I didn't know you can click. :)
    I am going to think about taking my FI to meet Jerome. I just don't know. If I tell him he is $7500 .... he will say NOOOO. :) and If I don't tell him and let Jerome tell him, he might faint. lol.
    I guess I have to think about it a little bit more or perhaps start saving because I really like his work.
    thank you so much, i will check your married bio now..
    xoxo
  • I'm chiming in here because I used Jerome and Amanda last June (a few weeks after Moonlight.....)

I always knew I wanted to use them since my cousin got married in 2008.  Jerome had that much of an impact on me.  When I found out his price my husband was hesitant but I had him meet with Jerome and his wife Jen anyway.  When we left our meeting my husband was sold.  Although he is expensive, he includes so much in his package that not everyone includes.  He will friend you on facebook, take as long as you need for engagement pictures so that he can get to know you better, turn your engagement pics into a guestbook for the wedding, you get the rights to all of your pictures, and your wedding album is included.  Jerome is such a down to earth person and such a family guy that you begin to look at him as a friend. 

We did not meet Amanda until the day of our wedding and she was just as wonderful.  I also follow her on facebook and instagram.  My brother also used Jerome and his assistant Andy a few weeks ago for his wedding so my family is VERY VERY happy with him, his wife, and his assistants.  My brother had two flower girls and a ring bearer under the age of 4 who had minds of their own and Jerome was great with them.  We will also continue to use them to photograph our kids when the time comes.  Jen is very responsive to e-mails and we never had any communication issues with them.  They even met us on their way home from a family outing to bring us our wedding album since they knew how excited we were that it was ready.  I do want to mention that I think Amanda also does some editing of her own photos but like I said, she's just as wonderful!  I could go on and on about my recommendation.  If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
  • I'd like to chime in about photography as well--

I think Jerome and Amanda would be wonderful but I would also say that Tony Spinelli Photography is an excellent choice!  And he's about 2-3,000 dollars less than what you were quoted for Jerome, Grace.  And Tony checks all the boxes that were mentioned in this thread (he's responsive with communication, great with little kids, his packages include a lot of value in them, etc. etc.).

Email him tony@tonyspinelliphotography.com and ask about his packages and check out his photos http://tonyspinelliphotography.com/

You should also read the reviews from clients:

http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/tony-spinelli-photography-plantsville-part-of-southington/0674d404789b88cc.html

You're going to look amazing no matter which photographer you select!  But I know you could use that 2 or 3,000 on something else for the wedding (or honeymoon!).

• I'm chiming in here because I used Jerome and Amanda last June (a few weeks after Moonlight.....)

I always knew I wanted to use them since my cousin got married in 2008.  Jerome had that much of an impact on me.  When I found out his price my husband was hesitant but I had him meet with Jerome and his wife Jen anyway.  When we left our meeting my husband was sold.  Although he is expensive, he includes so much in his package that not everyone includes.  He will friend you on facebook, take as long as you need for engagement pictures so that he can get to know you better, turn your engagement pics into a guestbook for the wedding, you get the rights to all of your pictures, and your wedding album is included.  Jerome is such a down to earth person and such a family guy that you begin to look at him as a friend. 

We did not meet Amanda until the day of our wedding and she was just as wonderful.  I also follow her on facebook and instagram.  My brother also used Jerome and his assistant Andy a few weeks ago for his wedding so my family is VERY VERY happy with him, his wife, and his assistants.  My brother had two flower girls and a ring bearer under the age of 4 who had minds of their own and Jerome was great with them.  We will also continue to use them to photograph our kids when the time comes.  Jen is very responsive to e-mails and we never had any communication issues with them.  They even met us on their way home from a family outing to bring us our wedding album since they knew how excited we were that it was ready.  I do want to mention that I think Amanda also does some editing of her own photos but like I said, she's just as wonderful!  I could go on and on about my recommendation.  If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Is that why I saw another shoe drinking picture, @Carebear62584?
  • Hahaha yup!  I was MOH so of course it was part of my speech!
  • Fantastic. I saw it and thought of you! I couldn't figure out if it had expanded outside of your family or what. 
  • I doubt anyone outside of our family would willingly expand that tradition.  There wasn't nearly as much shoe-drinking going on as there was at my wedding.  Still fun and carried on the tradition nonetheless...My SIL and I even did it in the middle of a bar at her bachelorette.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards