July 2012 Weddings

July 3, 2013

Guys

I want to get some feedback about having a wedding on Wed, July 3. I know it's a weekday which can be odd but does it make it better given that the next day is a holiday?

Only July 3, I plan to have the ceremony at 4pm but if local folks don't want to take the day off, they can simply join in at the ceremony the starts at 6:30pm

Doing this vs a July 4 event saves me 15% of the total cost. What do you guys think?

Re: July 3, 2013

• It's totally up to you guys!  Holiday weddings can be rough because a lot of people go on vacations...

I think you're fine doing it on the 3rd..great start to the holiday weekend! =)  Gotta do what ya gotta do =) Just make sure you send out save the dates well in advance so people know to make proper plans...and I would send out the invites a week or 2 before they're supposed to go out.

Happy Planning!!
  • Yes, when you make your final decision, send out STD's ASAP!
  • I would really think about NOT having a July 3rd wedding. A July 5th wedding would be better though since it is the day after the holiday and leading into the weekend and a day many may already have off. With people already having a short work week, you would be asking them to take even more time off which can be seen as rude and selfish to your guests. But your decision. Send Save the dates asap.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_july-3-2013?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:93456ba2-34ad-4699-a830-3f10cc40fb96Post:2c60fb41-62d4-4fa2-a5ac-f0f3bbfa615a">July 3, 2013</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guys I want to get some feedback about having a wedding on Wed, July 3. I know it's a weekday which can be odd but does it make it better given that the next day is a holiday? Only July 3, I plan to have the ceremony at 4pm but if local folks don't want to take the day off, they can simply join in at the ceremony the starts at 6:30pm Doing this vs a July 4 event saves me 15% of the total cost. What do you guys think?
    Posted by harry3822[/QUOTE]

<div>I know it's been a while but this board also doesn't get a lot of traffic so I thought I'd respond.</div><div>
    </div><div>July 3rd is going to be a tricky day for any guests who 1) are employed during the week and 2) are from out of town. If you're imagining a very small wedding where you've already run this date past your VIPs, then, sure, why not save the 15%? But if you're imagining a bigger guest list or any significant out of town guests, I'd go for the 4th or a weekend.</div>
  • Yeah, weekdays are generally not a good idea if you are looking to have a large crowd.

I got married on July 1st and had some people decline because they had already made 4th of July plans even though I sent out STD's 8 months before. 

If you try and spread the word about your weekday wedding, that will help a lot.
  • I'm having my wedding on July 3rd to coniside with Red, White & Boom. I figure it will be a fun event for people and many guests live in the area and would be going or will come bc they'll have an indoor venue to watch the fireworks from. It is also a nice kick off to the holiday. We've just made it clear we hope they can come, but won;t be offended if they can't. Lower numbers saves us some money...but we'd love to have a full house, so either way we win!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards