Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Hotel Zaza

Anyone know their prices for ceremony and reception? Anyone ever had a wedding there or attended one?

Re: Hotel Zaza

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013

I think it's a smaller venue (like 150) and its popular for the wedding night. Here is a review from someone who considered it.

Hotel ZaZa

We were looking for a modern venue, but this place was TOO modern. The reception location featured unusual art, which they apparently change out periodically. They have an outdoor ceremony space near the pool, but it's only available in the winter. The F&B minimum was very reasonable, though.

• They just redesigned their reception room and it now holds up to 240. They have a stage and an extra area where you can hold a bar or stage your cake if you needed the extra room. 
    Ceremony area: during the non-summer, you can have your ceremony over the pool and it holds around 120 max. $1250 charge. 
    You can use the hall (on the way to Dragonfly) for your cocktail pre-function space free of charge (depending on usage of space). They have lounge chairs and high boys they can set up for you. 
    If you have less than 60 people, you can use the gallery space (off of McKinney) for your reception. I believe the F&B min is less, but my guess is that menu pricing is still the same. 

The main pricing comes down to F&B Min which on a Saturday ranges from $15,000 to $17,000, but have them come up with a custom quote for you. One of my friends got them to come down to $10,000 F&B  min (but she is still spending around 20k due to food and alcohol). 

Alcohol pricing for liquor open bar starts at $45 pp for 3 hours standard liquor, beer, and wine. 
    Food pricing depends on menu selections with the lowest calculations for seated dinner coming out to around 35$ pp for basic two course meal up to $90 pp for multiple courses/selections. Buffet pricing ranges from $38pp to $75pp depending on selections/stations, etc. Passed h'or d'eourves (sp) are $17 pp for three selections. 
  • NoisyNoisy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    woah! expensive, but I figured that! Thanks for the info!!
  • Honestly, it really isn't that bad comparatively- and for all that you get (you don't have to bring much in or do a lot of decor) it isn't so bad. It actually ended up (for her guest count) being less expensive per person than other places like The Joule, 333 First Avenue, and the Room on Main. 
  • I considered Hotel Zaza for my wedding (that's actually my assessment that Stephie quoted above).  I got a quote for a Sunday morning brunch wedding.  They said it would be a $3,000 F&B minimum and $500 to use the space.  So, if you really like it and want to save some money, you may want to consider brunch!

I saw on Style Me Pretty that they redid it, so my review of the decor may no longer be accurate.  It looks much less over-the-top based on the photos I saw.
  • Hotel brunch weddings are a great way to save a little money and still have an elegant wedding with all the perks that come with it.  I actually pushed for it myself and am always jealous when I see them because you still have the whole night to celebrate in a more casual setting with family and friends.  I loved our wedding but I was really pooped at the end of it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards