Wedding Reception Forum

ALCOHOL DECISIONS - HELP PLEASE !

Hey ladies!

Okay so for our reception we can bring our own alcohol and are having issues deciding what to bring.
Our crowd is full of young people who like to party so we are not going to offer wine as they wont drink it .

Heres what we are thinking - any comments / advice is welcomed :)

Keg beer
American Honey (sweet bourbon - i am a model for them so i get free cases) mixed with coke or tea
Vodka to make  lemon drops and mix with cranberry juice / sprite / other mixers.

Would you all be happy at a wedding with those choices?

Re: ALCOHOL DECISIONS - HELP PLEASE !

• A second yes here!
  • I'd be sad with no wine and I'm young and like to party!  No wine, but beer?  :(  

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I like wine with my dinner, so I'd be disappointed.  
  • I'd be happy with that, but I would like to point out that your crowd being "young" means squat as far as wine goes. I've been drinking white wine since before I was legally allowed to at family gatherings (Such as weddings). I've been legally able to drink for almost a decade now, and I only started branching out into other alcohol options, such as vodka, within the last year or so.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Sounds good, but i agree, no wine?  i am 24 and enjoy wine, i would offer it but maybe not as much.
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper

We're bringing in our own booze and we're doing a LOT more than that... Rum, whiskey, tequila...numerous cases of wine/beer. I can't even think of everything we're bringing...it'll be pretty well stocked.  I think you need wine, definitely.

• Yeah I'd add one white and one red wine at least. I don't drink beer or vodka (I do drink other hard liquor though) but wine is my drink of choice.

But I can also drink Coke or a cranberry juice and be happy.
  • I should have rephrased that because I am 23 and LOVE wine. But my crowd has a lot of beer drinkers in it and people who like hard alcohol. My only issue with wine is I don't want to just offer it at dinner and then run out and make it seem like we didnt plan accordingly. 

Nothing is set in stone yet , we were just trying to gauge peoples reactions. Thank you all for your input ! I greatly appreciate it :)
  • If they are young then they will be happy with free drinks. Beer would be plenty but the fact you are thinking of piquor is plenty. I would suggest getting a couple kinds of wine as the older crowds like to drink it. Also, your wdding is classy day so I would suggest a moscato and chardonnay - these are extremely popular!
  • RedJacks25RedJacks25 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
    No rum and no wine would disappoint me.

Edit: And I second the moscato comment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree. I think you need wine and rum especially - you need another hard liquor option. American Honey is hard to drink for me. And I love bourbon. 

• I would only be okay with your selection if the beer was something like Bud Light, Miller Lite, etc. 

I'd be mourning the lack of wine.  It's been my drink of choice since I was 19. =/

• I would definitely include wine.
  • I think the selection sounds fine, but I would also add some wine choices (maybe one white and one red).  it's not that expensive and I think you might be surprised that some people WILL drink it.  I don't even like wine, and I still think it's a good idea to offer.
  • I would miss the wine, but I'm old.  Then again, I've been drinking wine since I was 19.

If you can bring your own booze, you should be able to take any unopened bottles with you.  My sister brought her own booze and way over-purchased wine.  She brought it all home and they've been drinking it and taking it to parties.  Since you drink wine, you could just consider the rest stocking your own bar.
  • What about bubbles? It's not a wedding without some Prosecco or sparkling wine!
  • I know a lot of young people who drink wine, but I'm sure you know your crowd!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Maybe stick with your list and have one/two bottles of wine at each table for dinner?  That way you have the wine with dinner option and less chance of overbuying?
  • You need wine and I definitely second the moscato.  All 4 of my daughters are wine drinkers so I don't get your reference to younger people not wanting wine.
  • Are you hosting a frat party or a wedding? Alcohol is generally picked to compliment the food. Are you serving hot wings, nachos, crawfish?
    The highlight for the guests should be in celebrating the couple, not getting smashed. I put 3 bottles of wine on my tables, Chardonney, Merlot, and Sauvigon Blanc. I had an open bar, too.
  • 1) Are you hosting a frat party or a wedding? Alcohol is generally picked to compliment the food. Are you serving hot wings, nachos, crawfish?

2)The highlight for the guests should be in celebrating the couple, not getting smashed. I put 3 bottles of wine on my tables, Chardonney, Merlot, and Sauvigon Blanc. I had an open bar, too.
    To the first part: What?

To the second part: What?

Anniversary

• Am I the only one who cannot stand Moscatos? They are usually disgustingly sweet, and I like sweeter wines.

Nope. I hate it. It barely qualifies as wine in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards