Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Wedding Venue Help!!

My fiance and I have been searching for an affordable wedding venue option with indoor/outdoor area, for a cocktail party type theme. Any suggestions!? We want to stay away from the popular big name venues in the area, as well as state parks. Something intimate with a lot of character would be awesome!

Re: Wedding Venue Help!!

• Check out Eagan Community Center.  They have multiple beautiful outdoor areas for a ceremony and a large indoor area that could probably easily be a cocktail type party.  It is right near 35E and Pilot Knob/Yankee Doodle in Eagan's Central Park but feels like it's somewhere else!  Also, it's less than $1600 for the large room rental, I was also told that the community center closes at 9 so it's basically yours after that and there's a nice space for a bar as well as a seating area right next to a fireplace.  
  • I just booked my wedding at the Washington County Historic Courthouse. Once we visited, my fiance and I knew we had to get married there. They have a beautiful, huge lawn for an outdoor ceremony, and a beautiful area for the reception inside the courthouse. You get to rent the whole building for an entire day, and it is dirt cheap compared to many venues we looked at! 
  • We used 514 Studios for our wedding and are absolutely in love with the choice we made. Such a unique warehouse wedding space and super affordable. We were able to choose who we wanted to cater our event and provided our own booze (which saves so much money in the end) I can send you images from our day if you'd like. 514 is downtown minneapolis right by target field.
  • Thank you for the suggestions and information! I had not looked into any of these, and certainly will be! I did see 514 Studios come up on some searches, but was not able to really picture how to make it "ours". I would love to see your images mandmvano!

Justine
  • The Stillwater library may also be a good choice,  The have a beautiful terrace overlooking the river and an adjoining inside space.
  • I'd also recommend checking out Silverwood Park, which is part of the Three Rivers Parks. It is a newer venue, built in the last 5 years, and has some beautiful spaces. Prices are  reasonable, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards