Nevada-Las Vegas

ok.. here goes nothin...RECAP

nursing2unursing2u member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
edited July 2013 in Nevada-Las Vegas
I have been trying to figure out how to do this.. what do I say.. tell it all.. or just get to the main points... I guess I will start writing and see how it goes......

Tuesday July 9th:the day was very busy. We decided to split up and FI dropped off our son at his brothers house, while I dropped off our dog to the doggie spa and then my daughter decided to treat me to a mani/pedi. Decides on Shellac which turned out so nice (and still look good). After we were done.. I still had some wedding items I needed to ship. We go to the UPS store and the lady tells me that to ship a 6lb package to arrive by Friday would be 110.00. I looked at her like "WHAT!!!" ummmm yeah... that's not happening. Thank You and Good-Bye. Decided to pack those things in an extra suitcase and that's the end of that. Daughter dropped off at my parents.. my dad dropped us off at the airport.. everything went smoothly. . Arrived in Vegas and yeah... it was 103 degrees at 10pm.. walked out the airport doors and it was like my breath was taken away. We get to the hotel... yayyy AIR!! .. Check in after a few issues.. but all is good.. they upgraded our room.. sooo I was very happy. We go out to eat at the sugar factory ( this was where we had PLANNED to have our meet and greet). Very nice.. but price was more than I expected. Salad, burger and 2 martinis...74.00 not including tip.Sooo.. looked around and found a better place.. finally went to bed around 3am pst.. soo technically 7am est.

Wednesday 7/10:Limo picked us up to go to the marriage bureau to pick up our license.. then onto the chapel for a tour and details about the ceremony. . Everything went great and they also gave me a rose to say Congrats..The rest of the day involved running around. Kind of a blur right now.

Thursday 7/11:Started the day early running around dropping off my dress to fit for a bride for steaming. . And to my surprise they say I can pick it up in 5hrs... shocked.. but felt good about it.. in the meantime more running around.. picked up dress.. ran back to the hotel to get ready for the meet and greet.. I knew that mostly everybody had arrived Wednesday and Thursday, I had some SPECIAL women attending.. I text to see what room they're in.. and to my surprise theyre 3 doors down from me... soo just when im about to leave out of my door to sneak over and say HEY... who do I hear and run into in the hallway... FOOTBALLWIFE!!!! YUP!!! and then who do I see our friend Al annnndddd SULTRY!!! HUGS ALL OVA THE PLACE!! OK.. get ready for the night we meet at PBR(professional bullriding) rock bar and grill... fun had by ALL.. and yea.. there was some bullriding.. after all that it was time for men and women to separate and have Vegas Fun... and at this time I got another surprise.. Case!!!! (Louisianalove) arrived!!! She is soooo gorgeous in person!! THESE ARE BRIDES FROM AAW..sorry.. too much to write over.. copied and pasted..lol

Friday 7/12: this has been a long post.. soooo sorryFriday. . I still had running around to do.. got that done.. my hair got styled and then it was time to get ready...I finally realized I had been running sooo much I havent had any time for ME.... I knew at this point I wasn't going to have any time.. bridal party arrived to my room photographer arrived. . Then the make up artist arrived.. all I remember is she said she couldn't wait to play with my eyes.. "I hope that doesnt sound wierd". She said she had never seen such big beautiful eyes.. all I could say was.. "they're just eyes".. well she did her thing.. blah blah blah.. pics were taken..and we got outta there..loleveryone kept asking me if I was excited. . And I kept saying.. its just Terrell. .lol.. well when we were in the lobby and I turned to see him for our first look. .. THAT'S when it was REAL..onto the Chapel and this is when it got exciting. . I dont have to recap the ceremony since I hope you all have watched it!!!!!! Onto the reception... initially thought 50 people.. ended up 23 people.. very nice and it was all the family and friends that we TOTALLY LOVE!! my DJ was great.. he had my PINK up lighting. . You can never go wrong pink!!I know ive missed some things.. BUT.. this I know is REALLY LONG!! 

And I felt soooooo SPECIAL when I got my phone back and I had sooo many texts about people watching the ceremony... THAT TEARED ME UP!!

Airtran Airlines: B..... not that anything technically happened, but just because the flight to Vegas was alright. .. but the return flight.. they didnt have enough staff at the airport check in desk. . And when we went through aecurity.. the security guard just didnt feel like doing his job so he had all of us walk to another security check point for no reason. . And the flight was soo cramped.. like the plane got smaller within a week.. but we landed safely. . Sooo I guess I can't complain

Planet Hollywood: B... I am happy about our upgraded room.. but when you check in and they say you need a credit card.. or they charge your debit card the full amount.. we give a debit card and because the front desk clerk didnt swipe the card properly it caused an issue...this happened to us and a bridesmaid. .. The staff just seemed unorganized. . Lesson learned. . There is a big diff in the type of guests staying at this hotel.. but I did get to see mike tyson.. he is smaller in person
Upgrades room. Strip and bellagio fountain view.. LOVED IT!!

The Sugar Factory: B... Beautiful ambiance. . But for a chicken caesar salad and a burger with sweet potato fries and 2 martini's.. it was 74.00 not including tip..restaurant was smaller than I thought.. but everybody was really nice

Marriage Bureau: A++++.... we pre-registered.. soo we got there at 10am and we were there for 5 minutes..

Chapel of the Flowers: A+++++++.. Absolutely WONDERFUL... They treated us with such respect and dignity. . And soooooo pleasing... and.. fyi. They just purchased brand new white chrysler 300 limos...GORGEOUSSSSS!!! their photographers were sooo welcoming and nice and easy to work with..our Pastor.. There is NOTHING bad I can say about him.. he sat with us for 5 minutes and made our ceremony sooooo PERFECT!!!!!

PBR rockbar and grill: A+......we had sooo much fun!! The food was good.. except the peach cobbler. . Not good(oatmeal on the top of it for a crust..yuck).. drinks were AWESOME.. and yesss.. they even got me to ride the bull ....IN A STRAPLESS DRESS!!! I know there r pics out there...lol

Bell-Trans: A+... we used them for transporting our guests to the ceremony and the reception. . Guests of course were late.. and the shuttle driver made it a point to contact me before he left the hotel...

Stevee Danielle (Woodard): A+++++++++++.. How could I have forgotten about her.. She is the CUTEST and sweetest person. . yes I paid extra because I wanted HER.. she has always replied back to every email I've sent her, always pleasant and keeping me at ease. From our first contact, she has always talked about how she "LOVED MY EYES".. And I decided to just let her play.. and play she did.. and everyone... EVERYONE raved over how STUNNING I looked "their words".I totally made the right choice in choosing Stevee. .. I mean come on.. she has PINK hair... who else wouldve fit..lol

Fit for a Bride: A++++++.. from GREAT customer service. . Even being able to text me info. I had it scheduled to drop off my dress Wednesday. . But ran out of time ans they said it was no problem to drop it off thursday morning... and to my surprise.. my dress was done by 4pm Thursday!!! It was wrapped with pink paper.. (great since pink was one of my colors and pink ribbon)..they did an AMAZING JOB!!!!

Orleans: A+++. Since originally we had planned and payed the deposit for the Stardust Suite.. with not having enough guests to meet the f&b min. It was a great surprise the week before that the sales coordinator said we could move to a ballroom and apply our 1000.00 deposit. . They totally did an amazing job.. I told them what I wanted.. they took everything and set it all up for us... we had chicken breast and short ribs.. The food was AMAZING!!!! not to mention the oreo cheesecake dessert.

Ohh..during the reception. . I was like "I don't want to drink a lot because I dont want to have to go to the bathroom".. as soon as I said it.. I had to go... sooooo I remembered reading about going backwards..YUP.. I was able to go all by myself backwards.. worked GREAT!!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST...
DJ GODZILLA: A++++++++++++++....there is NOTHING at all I can say bad about him... I totally have a new lil brother.. He used my playlist and added songs that EVERYBODY LOVED!!!! I knew he would have uplighting for me, but walking into the room and seeing all the PINK.. (ya'll know how much I love me some pink)...it was PERFECT!!!!

I think I got everything.. but ask away...lol

ohh..planet dailies in planet Hollywood: A++++.. croissant french toast and something called moco loco.. angus beef patty with fried hard egg over rice with gravy... TOTALLY AWESOMMMEEEE!!!!! I wanna try to make it at home..

ANDDD.... got a call informing me that my son got accepted into college!! Best wedding present EVER!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ok.. here goes nothin...RECAP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards