September 2013 Weddings

9/28 Brides......

Happy 6 Months-to-go Day!!

Is anyone else as happy/anxious/flustered/excited as I am?

Also, what (if any)  DIY stuff are you doing for your wedding/reception and how much do you have done?  I took an honest evaluation this morning and realised I am only about 10% done and that I need to make myself a specific DIY list and keep myself on a schedule.

-Melissa
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sept. 2013 Board Sig Challenge for March: Hair Inspiration

Big freeze curls framing my face like this; Inverted braid or Frech twist up the back. No flower. Veil attached to comb in the back at top of braid/twist.

Re: 9/28 Brides......

• Yay!!!!  :-)
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_928-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:4e52cc5c-b6d5-43a8-a424-c2fed8b917dcPost:99695a25-2133-4d04-ad56-f548c292010a">9/28 Brides......</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy 6 Months-to-go Day!! Is anyone else as happy/anxious/flustered/excited as I am? Also, what (if any)  DIY stuff are you doing for your wedding/reception and how much do you have done?  I took an honest evaluation this morning and realised I am only about 10% done and that I need to make myself a specific DIY list and keep myself on a schedule. -Melissa
    Posted by melissaandmegan[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>YAAAAAAYYY!!!! I am all of the above! I've gotten about half of the stuff I need to actually do the DIY stuff but have yet to actually start doing it...probably time to get on that. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm super excited! So excited I can hardly stand myself! Lol! I must admit I don't any of my DIY items done I'm so behind! I'm starting to really buckle down, but with a 9 month old I'm very busy. I still can't wait though, super stoked!!!!!!
  • I am all of that ! I still have soo much to do. I am making the center pieces and still need to buy the lights and floral beads for them... Have the vases though already ... I still need shoes and to book hair and makeup. Ugh. How hard is it to find plain ballet slippers with a sole on the bottom but super plain and cheap? That's all I want... I am only wearing them for the ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Lots of DIY to do yet.  I'm planning to take off some time in June around the time of my shower to just work on my projects!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 9/28, woot woot!  I have tons of DIY stuff to do - invitations, centerpieces and BM glasses are my checks so far.  However, over the weekend I bought the very last of the supplies I will need for literally everything else to be finished, so now it's just a battle of wills lol.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes and yes to all. I'm feeling ok with what we have...but I feel I'm "behind" most of you ladies. Still deciding between 2 DJs, haven't settled on cake yet (thinking a tiramisu cake-- waiting to hear from various places in Little Italy!) and we're between 2 bridesmaid dresses (mostly deciding if they're all going to be in the same dress or in 2 different styles). Fortunately my Future MiL just got a Silhouette Cameo printer that helped us make cups for my bridesmaids, etch toasting flutes for our bridal party, create labels for our favors and even help us create our custom monogram :) We've also been making ribbon roses for decor and pew bows--they're coming our really neat! 
    January bouquet inspiration
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Yay!  Another 9/28 bride here!  We're doing a lot of DIY in terms of decoration and centerpieces.  My cousin is doing the BM and my hair, and a lady my mom knows is doing the cupcakes!  
  • So crazy to think we've only got 4 months to go now! I still haven't gotten to work on my DIY stuff yet. Oops! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay! 63 days to go!

Our reception will be mostly DIY. Centerpieces, table numbers, place cards, favors. Not to include invitations and save the dates.

We are probably 75% done, little by little, we still need to buy candles for the centerpieces and complete the favors but we are getting there.
  • I bought my ballet flats from Dessy.com.

They were inexpensive and are really comfortable, plus they come in such great colors! I ordered purple ones and love them!
  • I got my flats at Dessy as well...they are my 'something blue' and I love them!! They're like going barefoot!
  • I need to get myself back on track with my DIY stuff. I was supposed to get it done this weekend, but had too much else going on. I start school Tuesday! So I am a little overwhelmed. I too am going to make a list of what I have to do yet and start checking things off. Also going to organized everything into boxes and label them and make a checklist for that too so I know I have everything the day of. Only 35 more days!!! Excited too :)
    February Siggy Challenge... Honeymoon Destination:
    Honeymoon Cabin in the Smokey Mountains
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i bought mine from advantage bridal
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• No DIY for me!! I know better - I paid everyone to do everything for me! :) I literally put my dress on and off I go!! Good luck everyone!!! xo

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards