Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Recommendations for hair and makeup? Hi all!

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a good hair and makeup artist for the day of my wedding in Plano and am hoping for good recommendations. I have an 11 am brunch wedding so they'd need to be able to do it on site early. Any ideas? Also, what are average costs for hair and makeup? Thanks!

Re: Recommendations for hair and makeup? Hi all!

• I used Angie Williams.  I think it was $195 for me (hair and airbrushed makeup -- which I recommend), and she had specials for my bridesmaids if they got both hair and makeup.  She travels and is really awesome.  She's in Frisco and you would go to her for a trial if you got one, so that's something to keep in mind, but she's not too far off the Tollway, so it shouldn't be a terrible drive.

Some others:

Nicole Cano
    Kristin Colaneri
    Anniversary

• Briana Dai at Briana Dai Artistry, she is absolutely amazing & has a partner that comes with to do hair.  I've had a few friends use her already and they ADORED the look & the price!

• I might add in Rayven Williams (alwayswearblush.com) She did an awesome job on my makeup for the day. 
  • Check out Cat with Knockout Beauty. I paid for my airbrush, lashes, hair, and 3 others' hair for around $400 (I think, I have a terrible memory!) She also does a comp run-thru and travels to you. And, she is absolutely fantastic!
  • Rayven did the hair and makeup for a wedding I was a BM for in May, and I loved her! I used Nicole Cano, who is my regular hair stylist and I love her. I always recommend her if you don't want to go with airbrush, since she doesn't do it. I hated airbrush, so it was perfect. Also, Nicole is a hair wizard. Just saying.
    She's located in Lewisville, but she travels. I know last summer she didn't have a travel fee to drive to downtown Dallas.
  • walrusarawalrusara member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2013
    I'm using Lindsay Hartley and a hair stylist she recommended, Liz Vela, from Halo Salon.  They are both super sweet.  I haven't gotten my contract from Liz yet, but she charged me $60 for hair for my e-pics and $95 for my updo for bridals.  Lindsay came to me at the Salon, and she's totally reasonable, too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards